Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2-5-candy-birthday-swap-closed-full-t212411.html)

barbarakibler23 02-02-2013 06:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This one is called 5 at 5. I gave this one to my friend Lisa....

There is a pattern on line that I found and I put it on my pinterest site. It was really easy to make.

barbarakibler23 02-02-2013 06:39 PM

As you can tell by the last photo it was not quite finished. I took the 2.5" squares and used them to bind it. That was a nice touch.
Barb

I thinkk I need to upload so more photo's. I will post more pictures when I do.
Thanks Felicia...for teaching me how to upload photo's.

Mariposa 02-02-2013 06:41 PM

Barbara- your squares quilts are lovely!! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Fraew 02-02-2013 07:05 PM

@Barb: oooh pretty! I am definitely an enabler!! :)

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 02-02-2013 07:10 PM

Barb, your quilt is beautiful. I'll admit to not making anything with my squares, yet. I'm collecting shades of pink and yellow for one project and shades of green for another project. I'm also pulling out things that could be used in the borders of I-spy quilts. Anything that doesn't fit those categories I'm thinking of putting into a pattern I've seen on the Missouri Star Quilt Co. site. I have 23 bags ready for swapping right now.

quiltingdragon 02-02-2013 08:03 PM

I'm in! Will start cutting NOW so they are all ready to go.

SheriR 02-02-2013 08:10 PM

Barbara, I think we NEEDED you to push us from collectors to SEWERS... Your quilts are soo so pretty! Yipee Fraew for showing you how to post pictures. She's so tech smart! She taught and retaught me to post pictures to pinterest from my silly phone. I do have a plan in my head for my 2.5" babies. And a friend here(Cough...Fraew) challenged me to make a quilt with her doing leaders/enders and 1.5" stamps, I think it's called CrabApples...

I love what marybrace said, "I actually just collect squares." But maybe during this Birthday Swapping year we can get some sewing done... maybe?

AND... MISS Barbara..... I got a little gift today in the mail... We had a fun giggle when I signed up for the swap. My birthday is Feb 3. I was thinking I would have a great year to look forward to my next birthday and the fun 2.5" candy squares I would get AND THEN here Barb goes and sends me a Candy surprise. Thank you sweet lady!! It made me smile. :D

barbarakibler23 02-02-2013 09:11 PM

thanks for all the nice comments.
When you ladies do start sewing you will be surprised how fast a quilt goes together since everything is already cut.

When I cut out my 2.5" squares I also cut out 5" and 2.5x5" pieces of the same fabric. Plan on making a disappearing 9 patch with the 5" pieces and a coin stack with the 5"x 2.5 pieces.

Sheri glad that you received your little squares from me. Glad it made you smile.
Barb

barbarakibler23 02-02-2013 09:13 PM

Welcome Becky to the swap.....we are up to 23 members in our club!

wanda lou 02-02-2013 09:25 PM

Very pretty quilts, so happy I joined, now to start cutting squares.