Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Anastasia's Table Runner/Topper Swap - Signup Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/anastasias-table-runner-topper-swap-signup-closed-t204241.html)

Anastasia 11-17-2012 11:19 AM

Well.. if it was me and they said in the thread what colors they like for winter, I would let that be the driving force, but I would maybe pick an element of their sign up sheet colors to tie in to that. Like.. just as a for instance.. say they said they liked blues and whites for wintery colors, but their decor is reds and beiges. I would make a primarily blue and white and put like.. red "berries" or something.

But that's of course, me... haha.. do whatever you want :P

dabbler312 11-17-2012 12:40 PM

I'm over the moon excited that I have a name - and even more excited that I found the perfect pattern to make a winter themed runner; winter is my favorite season.

My partner indicated they have a table with a NORMAL shape and they have colors found on the color wheel.

bibliostone 11-17-2012 01:08 PM

Yea, I got my name. And, the colors she requested fit perfectly with the fabric I was hoping to use!

nancia 11-17-2012 01:42 PM

i'm excited, too! haven't decided which pattern to use, but pleased with the info she gave me! thanks, anastasia!!

travelinggramma 11-17-2012 01:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just saw this picture and think I will have to try it - would make an awesome table topper for a square table!

marytoddliz 11-17-2012 02:29 PM

Travelinggranny, oh, I like that, it is very pretty! I have to tell you all that I was really just joking about being done! If you thought I was serious, so sorry! I have got my fabric picked out. I don't know if it would be considered a Winter table topper or not, but the good note is you could use it any time you wanted to!

I am back to sewing, My table is rectangle or square, depending if I have the leaf in or not!

Maybe I will take a nap instead of sew... both sound good! My Secret pal lives in the USA... She is a female and has a pet!

NO MORE CLUES for now~

LoupEsprit 11-17-2012 03:14 PM

I found the PERFECT pattern for my pal! Now I'm nearly twitching in my chair waiting to take my son to his sleepover so I can go fabric shopping!! :)

LoupEsprit 11-17-2012 03:16 PM

LOL I put that my table is oval, but now that I'm *actually* looking at it, it isn't... it's rectangle (size depends on how many leaves are in) and the corners are just rounded. Oh, well. Same difference, right? :)

cherrio 11-17-2012 04:41 PM

Got my name, partner lives in a state beginning with the letter I. 3 of my last swap partners have lived in this state! I have to confess that I have never sewn a table topper before so I am digging for a pattern. and it will have earthy colors in it.

jaba 11-17-2012 06:11 PM

swap

1 Attachment(s)
I've been snooping about my partner and nothing....she's belonged to the quilting board for about 2 years and less than 10 posts. Sheet said blue. Guess I'll just whing it! and hope it will work. Here's a hint I'm looking at but wondering, should I, could I, will this work???? You all know, all the stuff you wonder about. [ATTACH=CONFIG]377139[/ATTACH]