Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Autumn Harvest - September Doll Quilt Swap Sign Up Closes August 31st Noon EST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/autumn-harvest-september-doll-quilt-swap-sign-up-closes-august-31st-noon-est-t198337.html)

QuiltingKrazy 09-10-2012 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise (Post 5504647)
Here is sneak peek #2

Am I teasing you enough yet?

LOL

Well I know I can't wait to see what this "tease" will be!

Dragonfly Nana 09-10-2012 03:09 PM

Quick note: My Amish DQ that was missing in transit to Australia has FINALLY ARRIVED safe and sound. Only took 4 1/2 weeks but my partner was so kindly patient and likes it. That is all that matters.

brenda21 09-10-2012 03:10 PM

I'm not swapping doll quilts this month since I just had too much to catch up on. BUT, I've been keeping an eye on the thread and the quilts coming in so far are just beautiful!! Happy Fall ya'll :D

Judith1005 09-10-2012 03:12 PM

:thumbup: Yeah!!! I guess that means you can keep the duplicate. And, your partner can enjoy your work of art!!!

QuilterMomma 09-10-2012 03:15 PM

I really thought she was sending that duplicate to me. :hunf::shock::confused:

Judith1005 09-10-2012 03:21 PM

Whoops, my bad. Duplicate goes to QM. Hmm, did I get that right!? lol :)

Dragonfly Nana 09-10-2012 03:31 PM

LOL ladies - I only got as far as starching the material for the duplicate. (but I did finish my Sept DQ this weekend)

Since I don't "need" to make a duplicate I am planning on using some of the fabric for my October DQ.

Anyone want to volunteer to be my partner? Purple & Green play so well together for a "Halloween" theme.

marytoddliz 09-10-2012 08:01 PM

Oh, I do, I love Halloween, I make throws for the grandkids. a Halloween front with a double knit back and no batting, they like em better if they are light weight. The last 2 I did I used Purple Sweatshirt fleece, turned out super cute.

I can't wait to make a Halloween DQ.

Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana (Post 5505097)
LOL ladies - I only got as far as starching the material for the duplicate. (but I did finish my Sept DQ this weekend)

Since I don't "need" to make a duplicate I am planning on using some of the fabric for my October DQ.

Anyone want to volunteer to be my partner? Purple & Green play so well together for a "Halloween" theme.

Elisabrat 09-10-2012 10:32 PM

quiltylouise I can not believe you copied my doll quilt. I can tell, that sneak peak proves it. uh huh.. in fact if you get that quilt its probably mine.. she is teasing dont let her fool you!
Halloween, I have a super suprise fun quilt already planned. I hope I get someone who likes halloween not just October or I am in big trouble. Last year I made a halloween dq for myself, stitched the center block by the light of a fire when the power went out. I am now blind. At least that is what I blame my vision trouble on. I had to do something to keep busy. Cute little one with mice peaking out of a pumpkin, its a small one maybe 8" but well its hanging on the wall of fame in my sewing room. I am famous somewhere :) Mine should be in the mail by Wednesday. Long ride home to Alaska, mail takes a couple extra days or it has for me anyways. Its coming! Promise!

Dragonfly Nana 09-11-2012 04:03 AM

Elisabrat - I love your sense of humor!
Marytoddliz - I like the thought of the sweatshirt fleece as part of a quilt - may have to try that for a small throw.