Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 5.0-NORTH Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-5-0-north-group-t120542.html)

karenpatrick 05-06-2011 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Roseysue

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
would anyone mind if I made a siggy block for everyone to sign, and mailed it to you, and asked for your signature on it?

I'd love to make a stripe on the back of my quilt with the names of everyone who contributed!

That's a great idea! I think I will try that too. If I have any fabric left, I will use some of that.

I think I can manage the time for that. I will try.

PaintMeJudy, do you want to be surprised and wait till your block arrives to see it? It will be mailed tomorrow (I want to show it to someone today before I send it.

OK with me, too. How do want it done? Just using permanent ink?

Roseysue 05-06-2011 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by karenpatrick

would anyone mind if I made a siggy block for everyone to sign, and mailed it to you, and asked for your signature on it?

I'd love to make a stripe on the back of my quilt with the names of everyone who contributed!

That's a great idea! I think I will try that too. If I have any fabric left, I will use some of that.

I think I can manage the time for that. I will try.

PaintMeJudy, do you want to be surprised and wait till your block arrives to see it? It will be mailed tomorrow (I want to show it to someone today before I send it.

OK with me, too. How do want it done? Just using permanent ink?

There are patterns in quilter's cache (free) and I amgoing to check some of my books.

They are easy. Just three strips - about six inches by 2 inches. The middle piece of fabric needs to be white so you can put your signature or any other info there.

The other fabric can be left over if you have it or anything else.

If you want to say a lot, then make the top and bottom strips white and the middle a color.

Does that make sense? It is really easy when you can visualize it.

Using permanent ink is essential and then iron it with a hop iron to set the ink.

PokerDiva 05-06-2011 10:44 AM

I received a squishy from JaneCat today. YES!

Ms Grace 05-06-2011 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by heyjami
Hmmm... not really getting 8 squares out of each yard. More like 6 or 7 with leftover.

I have some that are closer to 10x18.

That won't be a problem, right?

That's fine by me. :-)

Ms Grace 05-06-2011 10:47 AM

That's a great idea. Wish I would have thought of it before I mailed my fabric. :roll:
I'd be glad to do it for you.

fromzstore 05-06-2011 12:36 PM

received f8 from Lauren MFQS; moonrise;paintmejudy;JudyVA; and karenpatrick; this is my first friendship swap cant wait to get started on the blocks i am leaving sunday for a cruise so cant get started until i get back but this gives me time to think about what i want to do with them.

Linda

paintmejudy 05-06-2011 01:38 PM

Received seven F8s today
carsey
janecat
JudyVA
karenpatrick
MFQS
moonrise
selfhunter

Thank you all -- got some beauties here! Gotta get busy picking and washing fabrics!

heyjami 05-06-2011 02:02 PM

received fabrics today from moonrise, janecat and paintmejudy! How exciting! So pretty!

Now you're all making me question my choice of neutral... but I'll have to depend on you to make it exciting. ;-)

Hope I get some time this weekend to practice my chosen block so I can get it done for you. so much fun ahead!

paintmejudy 05-06-2011 03:13 PM

Let me be surprised, please!

moonrise 05-06-2011 03:27 PM

Received F8's from:

PaintMeJudy (two F8's - North/South)
MFQS
JudyVA
Carsey
Selfhunter

I'll be starting on them shortly. :)