Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 8.0 DIAMONDS Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-8-0-diamonds-group-t197895.html)

charlottemarie 08-28-2012 03:59 PM

I received the diamond F8 from okdarla today.

missgigglewings 08-28-2012 04:09 PM

One little Squishie today from Annaquilts...

oldcatlady 08-28-2012 04:35 PM

received F8's from:
Pink Lady (extra swap)
NanaKathy55
OK Darla - 2nd F8
SheriR
cuppy - extra swap
babyruth- extra swap
AnnaQuilts
joanelizbay
Linda58
Quiltingmommy - extra swap

PinkLotus 08-28-2012 05:04 PM

Received the following f8th's in the mail today:
- NanaKathy55
- Annaquilts

Other F8th's I've received:
- CharlotteMarie
- Linda58
- SheriR
- Abby'sMom
- savannahrandons
- joanelizbay
- Fraew
- Chewboo
- Elisabrat
- goldendog55
- jaba
- ljdugas31
- marytoddliz
- missgigglewings
- Nexxus831
- QuilterMomma
- TheMamaHauser
- TwinRiverFarm
- moonrise
- Yosamitesa

joanelizbay 08-28-2012 06:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Anna I think the fabric of the generals was by Windham Fabrics. I purchased it from Ebay. Had two of each but a friend begged me for a set so I gave it to her! :) My daughter in law wants the quilt when Im done but Ive grown kind of attached to it. Still have to put the grey flag material on the sides and maybe a solid color border around the outside. Im thinking Im going to hand quilt it to make it more "beleiveable" but machine quilting would sure go faster! I only have 3 to hand quilt...ugh. I have several patterns from Windham with Civil War theme so Ill try to pick a good one for your block! The only bad part is I LOVE all the reproduction material I have and its hard to pick out a color!

urgodschild2 08-28-2012 06:13 PM

I received one squishie today from

Scrapper----I love the material.

Annaquilts 08-28-2012 07:29 PM

Beatiful JoaneLizBay! Thank you for sharing the picture. Hand quilting would sure add to the quilt. I would have a hard time parting with it too. Maybe this one is for you.

Fraew 08-28-2012 07:43 PM

Daily squishy report:

F8s received from NanaKathy55 and Ok Darla

jaba 08-28-2012 07:49 PM

Wondering where you've been Fraew, or maybe it's been me. Busy around here but think I'm getting back in the groove. All those envelopes downstairs are staring at me but I am totally ready for bed tonight and know if I go sew it will be a big mistake. Tomorrow another day. Have a good night everyone, at 10 pm this ole' lady needs to go nite nite.

TheMamaHauser 08-28-2012 07:50 PM

You ladies might get a kick out of this request from my son (8 years old) today:

"Mom, wouldn't it be cool if you could do the cowboy boot thing (he saw the block I made over the weekend) and make a quilt of everyone's faces? I think you need to make a block that has all of Alice (our dog) because she's smaller than humans so maybe you could make her fit life-size."

Um... suuuuuuure. I'll get right on THAT idea.

If I tried to make face-blocks, I'm pretty sure we'd all come out looking like Charlie Brown & Shrek had babies.