Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   February Secret Pal Swap Closed January 31st 4pm (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/february-secret-pal-swap-closed-january-31st-4pm-t212016.html)

Vanogay 02-07-2013 11:28 AM

Hey, Krystyna, I'm almost on the TN/GA border - about 200 miles north. We have neat weather (except right now, it's cold and we have had snow), but normally, quite nice. Only problem, everyone here speaks funny - course, they think I speak funny, too. I've had to learn to listen slower. There's some neat areas between Chattanooga (on the border) and Knoxville (up I-75), but they've had some miserable tornadoes. Watch out for them. Ringold, GA, just over the border had a real bad tornado. The only quilt shop was demolished. They've since rebuilt and I try to go there every so often when I have a day I want to drive. Can't think of any wierd bugs this area might have - nothing that I've seen. Don't like the stink bugs we get, though.

Grandma Peg 02-07-2013 12:20 PM

Good luck Krystyna hope all works out for you. Prayers.
Don't think I saw any clues for me.

reeskylr 02-07-2013 12:22 PM

Krystyna, come straight across the US from your home to the NorthWest. We haz great summers and springs! Also, I hear the NE is gonna get a big snowstorm again, none of that here either. lol, plus no weird bugs. Most places we don't even worry about fleas or ticks.

Wanda Lou: Great Package!!

Re-regifting: I don't think I've had anything I made given away, but then I don't make too much lately. I would be hurt though if I made something and someone re-gifted it the next time. Books, mags, patterns are fine, but hand made stuff? If it isn't wanted, give it to someone off the board :)

fayzer 02-07-2013 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5844875)
Nancy, we're looking at northern Georgia by the Tennessee border - I cannot abide by anything kind of animal without fur or feathers. And last night my husband added that wherever we go, they better not have any kind of weird bugs either!

Krystyna, I am headed to the Eljay/Blue Ridge Ga. this Saturday. It is gorgeous there. They had 4-5" of snow but it is all gone now. I am hoping to find some cute quilt stores to get something that I can't buy here for my SP. My SP likes vintage items.

hav4boys 02-07-2013 01:36 PM

Okay, I want to add my two cent to the re-gifting. Please, if I send anything, please regift if it is not your style, taste, or you have too many. It will not bother me. I always try to make things I think others will like, but totally understand if they don't. I often crochet scarves, and not every one likes them. Sometimes I take the chance.

Clue set #3
SP #1 - Your state animla is the American Buffalo and your state motto is "Equal Rights." In addition, you collect something related to sewing.
SP #2 - Your state animal is the gray squirrel and your state motto is "United we stand, divided we fall." In addition, you can do outstanding things with a 1800's bureau.

TOOMANYUFO'S 02-07-2013 02:03 PM

My SPals zip adds to 17. I bought candy for her today.

Krystyna I will come and live with you when you move south. The older I get the less cold I can stand. I am freezing all the time. My home is usually about 63degrees. Heating oil is too expensive. Yes we are expecting 12-18 inch of snow, if the storm turns back in we could get 2-4 ft. The wind is going to blow up to 60 mph as well. That Northeast wind blowing off the water will be extremely cold. I am sure we will lose electric as well.

luvstoquilt 02-07-2013 02:49 PM

My zip in 17...maybe this could be me!

Lori Peercy 02-07-2013 03:35 PM

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]393741[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]393743[/ATTACH] This is Abbigail (turned turn in Jan) taken when I was out in Colorado, will show pictures of my other GC when I get back from meeting at apt where I live.

mscupid804 02-07-2013 03:47 PM

What a beautiful little girl!

Ladybug 1938 02-07-2013 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by mscupid804 (Post 5844947)
Too bad not the TN/VA border!

How about the Georgia/ Florida border???