Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   FUNKY Chicken Block Swap - Mail Date April 1, 2010 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/funky-chicken-block-swap-mail-date-april-1-2010-a-t33089.html)

crafterbarbara 01-04-2010 09:08 AM

Ok, I will begin today.

crafterbarbara 01-04-2010 09:25 AM

Do I understand this correct? 6 blocks make a set? A set is needed? And those could be 6/ 3inch blocks? 6/6inch blocks , What if I take 4 r4inch blocks sew together to make a 12 inch block? need 6 of these?

Sorry, I will get this down soon I hope.

MadQuilter 01-04-2010 02:14 PM

I hope everyone is going to post what they plan on doing (size-wise) because I feel a little too vague on the execution.

sew cornie 01-04-2010 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
I hope everyone is going to post what they plan on doing (size-wise) because I feel a little too vague on the execution.

In the end, you will probably have blocks of a variety of sizes. Your final layout may take some finagling to see how each piece fits together, almost like a tetris puzzle. With the freedom to do squares or rectangle blocks, you won't likely end up with the ability to lay them out in a grid type fashion like as in most of the other block swaps which use all 12" blocks. Does that make sense or did I just confuse the matter more for you?

MadQuilter 01-04-2010 03:40 PM

Thanks Joyce. I understand that part. I would just like to have a better idea if people plan to mix it up or if they pick a specific size, or what.

One of my projects (and I lost the photo) was a group project without rules. Everyone submitted a block and boy were they random. I was the putter-togetherer. It turned out OK but I wish I had a little heads-up.

lavandula girl 01-04-2010 03:47 PM

Well, if it's any help, I'm going to do a matched set, whichever size I do. I won't do 1 6x6, 1 3x12, 1 9x9, etc. But I need to play with my fabric a little, and let the poultry muse speak to me! :-)

MadQuilter 01-04-2010 03:48 PM

the poultry muse - I love it!

MadeinMaine 01-04-2010 04:14 PM

Hi, Sandi, and fellow-chicken-lovers (not livers). I've been looking forward to this swap since the last one. Thanks for heading it up, Sandi. I will PM you with my official intent.
Let the feathers fly!

sandpat 01-04-2010 04:34 PM

Its great that we are getting more folks! OK...just to clarify a bit. When you commit, you are committing to at least 1 set of blocks. 1 set does = 6 blocks. These 6 blocks must be all the same size. If you choose to do a 6 x 6 (and you will always need to add the seam allowance)...then they should ALL 6 be that size...If you choose to do another set...then you can do a different size...OK???

Mad...I think that as people choose what they are going to be doing.....asking them to let us know what size they will be sending if a fine thing to do. Maybe I can post that on the group activity page that I show the link to on Page 1...the opening post. I'll see what I can do. For now....I'll post all the swappers on that group activity list so everyone can see who all is playing. *Edited to say that it appears that I can list people's block sizes on the "public" section on that page.*

Still looking like fun to me! :lol:

MadQuilter 01-04-2010 04:38 PM

Thanks for that clarification. I must have had a "chicken with its head cut off" moment (HEY how's that for funky - lol) I THOUGHT that the set of six could be a mix of sizes.

Never mind - all is clear now. Thanks for being patient.