Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   FUNKY Chicken Block Swap - Mail Date April 1, 2010 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/funky-chicken-block-swap-mail-date-april-1-2010-a-t33089.html)

kysmommy2 01-12-2010 01:34 AM

boy oh boy...reading all these posts makes me SO want to join this swap...not to mention the beautiful quilt that you referenced!!! I am going to look around for some patterns that I think I can tackle-that would qualify as funky--lol.
I will let you know for sure in the next lil' bit!

sandpat 01-12-2010 06:49 AM

BRT...thats funny, I can just see you chunking those chickens away....I like the added "bling" suggestion though...what about that...I don't know if you can digitize...or you could combine applique with the embroidery...couldn't you???

Kysmommy2...hop right on in!! I think its the "funky" part that is gonna be fun...or funny...anyway, the swap is turning out to be wayyy fun!

sandpat 01-12-2010 06:58 AM

Hey ladies...do you all check out the new group activities page for this swap listed in the 1st post on page 1??? We are up to 15 swappers :lol: That page really makes it alot easier to keep up, but you need to let me know if I got something wrong...because, I know this is shocking, but I DO make mistakes... :oops: :mrgreen:

tuesy 01-12-2010 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Hey ladies...do you all check out the new group activities page for this swap listed in the 1st post on page 1??? We are up to 15 swappers :lol: That page really makes it alot easier to keep up, but you need to let me know if I got something wrong...because, I know this is shocking, but I DO make mistakes... :oops: :mrgreen:

I just now looked at it.. that's pretty slick.

You have me down for one 6x6... I'm also doing 9x9.. so 2 sets for me please!

Thanks Sandpat :D

lavandula girl 01-12-2010 05:56 PM

*singing* I got my faa-a-bric, I got my faa-a-bric!

brookemarie19 01-12-2010 06:09 PM

Well, I've done the stitching around my applique and I'm not so sure if I like it, but the hubby and kids think that its cool. Actually my daughter chewed me out when I said I didn't like them. I must say she is becoming very vocal when it comes to my quilting experiments. This has definitely been a learning block. First applique, then the stitching, and now I need to learn the button on my sewing machine to do eyes... man, don't you just love swaps. :oops:

sandpat 01-13-2010 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by lavandula girl

I think the song also includes " nana nana nananaaaaaa" :lol: :lol:

Brook...that IS why I love swaps! I always seem to try to "stretch" my abilities iin the swaps and I learn to do so many things that I otherwise wouldn't even try. Now....where is the pic so we can ooohhh and aawwww over it too? Your DD sounds like she just knows what is right!

Lisa773 01-13-2010 06:45 AM

Sandpat,
If it's not too late, I would love to join the swap.
Please put me in for 2 sets of 9 1/2" blocks.

sandpat 01-13-2010 06:53 AM

Hi Lisa! Its certainly NOT too late, so glad you joined! I've added you to the list!

brookemarie19 01-13-2010 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat

Originally Posted by lavandula girl

I think the song also includes " nana nana nananaaaaaa" :lol: :lol:

Brook...that IS why I love swaps! I always seem to try to "stretch" my abilities iin the swaps and I learn to do so many things that I otherwise wouldn't even try. Now....where is the pic so we can ooohhh and aawwww over it too? Your DD sounds like she just knows what is right!

I have taken pics but have to get DH to put the on the comp for me... I always seem to erase instead of putting it on there. The camera doesn't like me anymore :( hee hee