Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   FUNKY Chicken Block Swap - Mail Date April 1, 2010 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/funky-chicken-block-swap-mail-date-april-1-2010-a-t33089.html)

tuesy 01-10-2010 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by blueribbontoes
Our very own lavandula girl is having a birthday! Shall we all do the chicken dance in her honor? Na Naaa Na...!

Hope żou had a great day lavandula girl!

I say lets all do the Funky Chicken..
:lol: :lol:
Happy Birthday lavandula girl!!! Hope it was a special one and wishing you many many more!

Thank you all for the comments on my block..:D

Sandpat... I didn't think of doing it myself, just thought when I saw the clip art that Misty posted that she might want to do an embroidered one..
I'd be more than happy to send it to you, only one problem. Embird won't convert to ART. Do you have something you can convert with? I always save in PES as that's what my machines use.. If you can, PM me your email and I'll send the file to you..I did it small so it'd fit into a 3x3 block

lavandula girl 01-10-2010 08:28 PM

Thanks for the bday wishes! I got to se the new Sherlock Holmes movie, and it rocked! And I had sushi. And I spent time with my chickens. And I got to play with my design wall... it was a day to make me say "Yippee!!" :-D

Bettia 01-10-2010 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by tuesy
Here's one of my blocks..

Is this something we're looking for as far as funky goes?

that is so cute, it makes me want to join.

Bettia 01-10-2010 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by tuesy

Originally Posted by MadeinMaine
Tuesy - Is that a "Chickbra"?? or a "Zebraken" ???
Fabulous block!

It's a Zebraken ... or Chickbra...depends on how you look at it. :lol:

Misty... Do you have an embroidery machine? I digitized a cracked egg.... I'd be more than happy to send you the file if you have can stitch it out.. Here's what it looks like..

Tuesy, I would love to have that file too. I won't use it on the swap, if i decide to join.

Bettia 01-10-2010 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
I was at Jo-Anns today (taking advantage of the 20% of for teachers) and found a great chicken block book. Even though I am probably not going to do a block from it for this swap, I figure I will make this quilt someday. I was hoping to find a Bargello pattern I wanted, but no such luck. Anyway, I am proud of myself for having not purchased any fabric. I did get fusible web and tear-away stabilizer, so I think I will be able to get started on my blocks in the next week or so.

Misty those are adorable.

charismah 01-10-2010 11:13 PM

IS it to late to join this? IF not...then I think I want to join as well..but I need to decide what size blocks...and we can make roosters right?

brookemarie19 01-11-2010 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by charismah
IS it to late to join this? IF not...then I think I want to join as well..but I need to decide what size blocks...and we can make roosters right?

No sign up deadline.... join us, it's fun!

sandpat 01-11-2010 06:31 AM

Lava....Happy belated birthday! Its probably a good thing that you didn't see me dancing in your honor :lol: Sounds like you had a great day!

Tuesy..if you 'd like to do the little chicken yourself for the swap, thats ok too....I just think its too cute not to be included in the swap! I can convert the file. I'll send you a pm with my email addy..thanks!

Bettia, we'd love to have you join! If you'd like to do the little egg, join and then let me know and I won't do it.

Charismah...got you down! Yippee!

sandpat 01-11-2010 06:33 AM

Ladies, the Mods are making me set a sign up deadline..so I'm listing 15 March 2010. That would give someone 2 weeks to get their 6 blocks done before the mail date. Of course, if someone wants to join later and can still get them done...I'm sure we would welcome them also.

brookemarie19 01-11-2010 08:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok guys, I need your opinion. I'm learning how to applique and so far so good, but I was wondering if the first two(on the bottom) will do or should I scrap them and make two more.... I still have to put eyes on all of them and my third (the top) I still have to do everything else. Thanks for your opinions on this.