Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   FUNKY Chicken Block Swap - Mail Date April 1, 2010 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/funky-chicken-block-swap-mail-date-april-1-2010-a-t33089.html)

Bettia 01-13-2010 09:58 AM

[quote=Bettia][quote=tuesy]

Originally Posted by MadeinMaine
Tuesy - Is that a "Chickbra"?? or a "Zebraken" ???
Fabulous block!

It's a Zebraken ... or Chickbra...depends on how you look at it. :lol:

Did yu see the leoparken??????
It's like your Zebraken.
Cute

brookemarie19 01-13-2010 09:58 AM

I have one more question. Looking at past swaps, they say that you will be getting one of your blocks back when you recieve them at the end. My question is.... does that apply to us in this swap, or do we need to make a 7th one if we want one for ourselves? Thank you.

sew cornie 01-13-2010 12:40 PM

I've been mulling over ideas in my mind. I have perfect fabric but don't know what pattern to do yet. :roll: I'm thinking something tall and skinny with really long legs . . . maybe 3"x9" or 6"x12". Definitely vertical rectangular.

Then I was thinking about chicken pox today and thought, "Aha! . . . Chicken Pucks!" Any hockey fans out there who'd like a chicken puck? I don't know what they'd look like quite yet, but it would be fun to try to do. Probably 9"x9" square. Or is this idea a little TOO funky? :mrgreen:

tuesy 01-13-2010 01:19 PM

[quote=Bettia][quote=Bettia]

Originally Posted by tuesy

Originally Posted by MadeinMaine
Tuesy - Is that a "Chickbra"?? or a "Zebraken" ???
Fabulous block!

It's a Zebraken ... or Chickbra...depends on how you look at it. :lol:

Did yu see the leoparken??????
It's like your Zebraken.
Cute

I think I need new glasses cause I don't see it.. :shock:

kysmommy2 01-13-2010 02:00 PM

NOT too funky! There's no such thing =) I love the long skinny rectangular idea!

crafterbarbara 01-13-2010 02:18 PM

Do all 6 of the blocks made in the set go to one person?

MadQuilter 01-13-2010 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by crafterbarbara
Do all 6 of the blocks made in the set go to one person?

They all go to the person who leads/organizes the swap. That is why it is important to label your squares. The leader takes all the blocks that come in, sorts them and sends you a random set of 6 back. Yours go in random fashion to others who participated.

sandpat 01-13-2010 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by brookemarie19
I have one more question. Looking at past swaps, they say that you will be getting one of your blocks back when you recieve them at the end. My question is.... does that apply to us in this swap, or do we need to make a 7th one if we want one for ourselves? Thank you.

Thanks for answering Mad, you explained it in a nutshell........The except will be that in this swap...you will get back 1 of your own and then 5 random blocks to complete your return set of 6. No need to make 7...unless its the 1st one for your 2nd set :wink:

sandpat 01-13-2010 04:48 PM

sew cornie...I love the long skinny block..did you see how well it works in the sample quilt I showed earlier in the thread?

About the puck...hmmm...I have no idea :lol: :lol: :lol: Sounds funky to me though!!! :lol:

brookemarie19 01-13-2010 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
sew cornie...I love the long skinny block..did you see how well it works in the sample quilt I showed earlier in the thread?

About the puck...hmmm...I have no idea :lol: :lol: :lol: Sounds funky to me though!!! :lol:

I agree with the tall rooster... do you know if that was a pattern she used or something she thought up and made?

Hockey puck sounds really cool too sew cornie