Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   I Spy 5" Charm Squares Swap (We have 40!) - Signup Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/i-spy-5%22-charm-squares-swap-we-have-40-signup-closed-t26074.html)

MadeinMaine 10-02-2009 02:02 PM

I found some bees and puppies today. Leaving #3 up in the air for now. This will be FUN. Thanks, Chele.

collettakay 10-02-2009 04:22 PM

Mine are going in the mail tomorrow!

wvdek 10-02-2009 10:37 PM

Well blow me down! I had all fabrics in my stash, so I did'nt have to buy anything. All are washed, pressed, cut out, and should be sent out tom. or Monday. All I'll say is one is cats, another is frogs, and the last is hearts.

Plan on making a quilt for a friends 5 year old. The little guy has had some major issues this year and could use a comforting friend when he goes to sleep. He lovingly calls me grandma knowing full well I am not related, but says I remind him of a grandma. I asked him why he dosen't just call me D, and he said, "cuz your old". LOL some people's kids. Anyway, he and his sis are the closest I will ever get to grandkids since neither of my kids wants children. So, I accept the name "grandma" with great pleasure and pride.

Looking forward to making this quilt with enthusiasm.

MadeinMaine 10-03-2009 03:54 AM

Thanks for sharing such a sweet story.

DA Mayer 10-03-2009 05:25 AM

I found fabric in my stash last night, not that I would have minded shopping, just to warn you on one you may want sunglasses, LOL

bearisgray 10-03-2009 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by wvdek
Well blow me down! I had all fabrics in my stash, so I did'nt have to buy anything. All are washed, pressed, cut out, and should be sent out tom. or Monday. All I'll say is one is cats, another is frogs, and the last is hearts.

Plan on making a quilt for a friends 5 year old. The little guy has had some major issues this year and could use a comforting friend when he goes to sleep. He lovingly calls me grandma knowing full well I am not related, but says I remind him of a grandma. I asked him why he dosen't just call me D, and he said, "cuz your old". LOL some people's kids. Anyway, he and his sis are the closest I will ever get to grandkids since neither of my kids wants children. So, I accept the name "grandma" with great pleasure and pride.

Looking forward to making this quilt with enthusiasm.

Sounds like you and the children are blessings for each other.

But I think you will need to make two quilts - one for each of them.

SulaBug 10-03-2009 01:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I guess I have to be different!! :D Here is a sneak preview of one of my 5" charm squares collections. Enjoy!! :D

40 of my first choice of 5" charm squares!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]50698[/ATTACH]

STAR 10-03-2009 02:04 PM

SulaBug-

I love them!!!! wonder what dog I will get??? :mrgreen:

great job

Sew and Sew 10-03-2009 02:20 PM

Just found this thread.......have been out of town..........is it closed or still open?

beachlady 10-03-2009 04:43 PM

Sula - love that fabric. I am going to use one with horses kind of like that. My computer is back home, but the guy did something to it and it will still will not work - I am so mad at him!!! I can't post any pix!