Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January FAT QUARTER swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-fat-quarter-swap-t209733.html)

sustraley 01-13-2013 03:09 PM

I confess---I stole the folding idea from someone else on this board. Glad you like them though. Yes that quiltpatternsfromseattle.com is awesome.

sewellie 01-13-2013 03:35 PM

I saw the folded fat quarters from Lstew2212 or Ivan 228 or MaryMo, who ever sent that last picture of folded FQ's. I'm confused who it was that sent it? Was that also on the same site that the one before it was, the Seattle one? Or where is the pattern for that? Thank you so much. I think if I put mine together like those two I'd never use my FQ's. hahaha

sewellie 01-13-2013 04:39 PM

After relooking at my last post, I realize this is a block pattern made by jvan228. So sorry about how silly I was. Anyway, would you mind tell me what pattern that is or show how to make it, please. Again, please accept my apology.

Originally Posted by sewellie (Post 5784029)
I saw the folded fat quarters from Lstew2212 or Ivan 228 or MaryMo, who ever sent that last picture of folded FQ's. I'm confused who it was that sent it? Was that also on the same site that the one before it was, the Seattle one? Or where is the pattern for that? Thank you so much. I think if I put mine together like those two I'd never use my FQ's. hahaha

Jvan228 01-13-2013 07:25 PM

I also thank Jvan228 for inspiring me to begin making a block from each month's swaps ....

Gee, , ,(blush). . . I'm glad I could inspire someone. I do hope you will post your quilt when it is finished. I'll do the same. Something for everyone to look forward to.

sewellie 01-13-2013 10:16 PM

So whoever made the block in #110, (I'm so blonde it's pathetic), could you tell me where you got that pattern or tell me how you made it? You could also pm me. Whatever- I love that block and would certainly love to make one. Any help would be greatly apprecited.

Blessings.

brenda21 01-13-2013 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by sewellie (Post 5784760)
So whoever made the block in #110, (I'm so blonde it's pathetic), could you tell me where you got that pattern or tell me how you made it? You could also pm me. Whatever- I love that block and would certainly love to make one. Any help would be greatly apprecited.

Blessings.

she's talking to you MaryMo....(I speak and understand "sewellie-ish") haha

Elisabrat 01-14-2013 12:10 AM

Those are cool fabrics and already you guys are making blocks. i never get the numbers you talk about you see I this post is going to be 34 or 35. where is post 110? not that many posts yet. swimming in the sea of confusion guys.. help, life boat? raft?

auntpiggylpn 01-14-2013 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 5784811)
Those are cool fabrics and already you guys are making blocks. i never get the numbers you talk about you see I this post is going to be 34 or 35. where is post 110? not that many posts yet. swimming in the sea of confusion guys.. help, life boat? raft?

Look in the right upper corner of each response. That is where the response # is.

MaryMo 01-14-2013 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by sewellie (Post 5784760)

Blessings.

Thank you all for your compliments on this block. It is a variation of 4-patch rail fence block, sometimes called Spirit of St. Louis. It's a strip block pattern that can be easily adjusted for any size quilt block. In this case I sewed three 2" strips of fabrics together, then cut the strips into identical lengths. Playing with the layout, I placed the darkest side of the strips in the pattern showed and sewed together. If you have other questions please feel free to PM me.

sewellie 01-14-2013 09:33 AM

hahahaha you guys are funny. So who is it that's calling me?? Is that you, Brenda. You're silly

Originally Posted by brenda21 (Post 5784784)
she's talking to you MaryMo....(I speak and understand "sewellie-ish") haha