Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   June's Pincushion and Needlecase Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/junes-pincushion-needlecase-swap-t222115.html)

IrelandDragonQuilting 06-12-2013 05:06 PM

Quiltermomma I am so glad you liked it! I am willing to bet whoever receives the pincushion you made will adore it. I know I would because it was made just for them from you! I so love seeing everyone's creations and gathering ideas. I wish I was imaginative enough to create my own designs :) but I will just be thankful there are others out there who provide their patterns for free.

Quilty-Louise 06-13-2013 08:43 AM

According to the email I received my partner got mail today.

Sure hope she likes the box.

Old_Rosebud 06-13-2013 09:06 AM

Quilty Louise i am doing a happy dance!I just ran home for lunch and my pincushion was waiting! These boxes are incredible and the yo yo's set them off perfectly. And all the goodies! My word. I love my sparkly name. Lol. Louise added needles, pins, scissors, wax, spools of thread. Inside the lid are magnets and a cushion filled with emery sand. Thank you so much! Apparently I can't add attachments from my phone. Will show pics this afternoon.

Quilty-Louise 06-13-2013 09:10 AM

I am happy that you like your box.

Haven't put my hot fix crystals to much use so decided to do
your name on the lid with the crystals.

ENJOY your box.

Originally Posted by Old_Rosebud (Post 6120093)
Quilty Louise i am doing a happy dance!I just ran home for lunch and my pincushion was waiting! These boxes are incredible and the yo yo's set them off perfectly. And all the goodies! My word. I love my sparkly name. Lol. Louise added needles, pins, scissors, wax, spools of thread. Inside the lid are magnets and a cushion filled with emery sand. Thank you so much! Apparently I can't add attachments from my phone. Will show pics this afternoon.

Old_Rosebud 06-13-2013 09:41 AM

2 Attachment(s)
As promised - I am back at work (and back to my computer LOL) so here are the pics. I forgot to add that she included a seam ripper and needle threader. I can't wait to put this box to good use! :thumbup:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]418620[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]418621[/ATTACH]

Old_Rosebud 06-13-2013 09:42 AM

Wow. Sorry those pictures are so huge!

Quilty-Louise 06-13-2013 10:00 AM

I like to personalize things when possible, but I know last year there
was some "complaints" when I did that and/or specified a season/month
(which is what the project was for).

Happy that you liked your name on the box.

lynnie 06-13-2013 11:11 AM

such great pincushions coming in. very nice workmanship.

dluvs2quilt 06-13-2013 06:27 PM

Pat625 thank-you very much for the cathedral window pincushion I LOVE IT!!! You did a wonderful job making the pincushion and thanks for the thread snips. I have been searching for a pair!!

queenof2802 06-13-2013 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting (Post 6115332)
When you do decide to make it, the pattern you print out is HUGE! The one I sent to QuilterMomma was shrunk down 50% I like the smaller one better, just my opinion :) It is actually not that hard after you make the first one.

Thanks for the resizing tip!

Sorry I have been MIA. Had an unexpected training meeting out of town the last few days. Came home to lots of happy mail!!! I will dive into in on Sat morning and send out my thank yous properly. Thank you to my partner. I have to work 12 hours tomorrow. Think DH and I am going out for a late dinner afterwards.