Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   June's Pincushion and Needlecase Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/junes-pincushion-needlecase-swap-t222115.html)

quiltingdragon 05-26-2013 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 6086443)
Louise, those are so cute hanging there!

Quiltingdragon, r/w/b isn't my thing either, but I'm going for it anyway!

If I had more time, i'd do it anyway, too. But I'm going to be really pressed for time - trying to get all 1500 squares cut for a swap this weekend, and make something for my secret quilter for that swap.. I haven't touched my machine since I finished my last needle book! Going to make a few pincushions so that when we have another round, I have some made!

lynnie 05-26-2013 03:24 PM

i'n not that into r w &b, but they turned out cute, and you know it's for the summer holidays.
whipped them up fairly quickly and they turned out nice.
can't wait to see what everyone is doing

jaba 05-26-2013 05:10 PM

I'm in again, just sent my info. At least this month I won't have to mail everything while I'm on vacation.

IrelandDragonQuilting 05-26-2013 05:33 PM

Come on June! hehehehe

Blue Cat 05-28-2013 01:57 AM

quiltingdragon,

i sure can relate to your conundrum with the cat. my cat stole both the pincushions i was making for the may swap. i found the one that was well started, but i did not find the one that was finished! i will start over, but i am determined to finish them both. i feel so sorry for my partners, but i told both of them that it will be worth the wait. I hope they agree.

Originally Posted by quiltingdragon (Post 6086398)
Those are so cute! I had already picked a pattern before I realized there was a theme. Red white and blue isn't my thing, so I think I will sit out this round. I must get a picture of the cat, as he has stolen the pincushion that my partner last month made for me, the little kitty, and is carrying it around like a kitten. This is after i'd hidden the mouse as I was afraid he'd swallow a pin or scratch himself stealing it off my sewing table.

mawluv 05-28-2013 03:34 AM

Tracey, count me in for a NC & PC, sounds like lots of fun! I love red/white/blue! MAWLUV

lynnie 05-28-2013 07:49 AM

blue cat, keep kitty toys by your machine, I do and it helps, zoey will chase them and not the new things im making.
watch, now the next time I sew, she'll take it

paintmejudy 05-29-2013 07:02 AM

I knew what I planned to make, with the r/w/b color restrictions, but after trolling the internet, I couldn't believe the wonderful patterns available for pincushions. I think I have started a new obsession! Ok, ok, let's call it a collection instead. July's pincushion pattern has already been picked out! Don't dare settle on August, will probably find something I like even better!

queenof2802 05-30-2013 07:00 PM

Still plenty of time to sign up. I do have to work tomorrow until 8pm CST. I won't close sign ups until 10pm. I will spend Sat morning swapping names. Come join us!!

queenof2802 05-31-2013 06:28 PM

Waiting to hear back from a swapper on how many spots and which group. Will start swapping names afterwards.