Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

sustraley 02-11-2013 05:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I received this great block from my partner oksewnsew. It is perfect for my quilt for my military son. Thanks so much.

Oksewnsew 02-11-2013 06:56 AM

Thanks Sue, glad you liked it. It was great swapping with you again.. ;o)

CajunBear 02-11-2013 08:30 AM

I mailed out my partners February Block. Boy you talk about a challenge! It's a Hop Scotch Block. Now I know ya'll will think of blocks with a block number in it but that was so well empty, lol Well it's to be for little girls so we need color right...and it was requested it reflect something that we did at that age or liked to do.

I just hope what I came up with reflects what The Beginning Quilter can use! It had to be colorful!

Hugs,
Cajun

mscupid804 02-11-2013 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by CajunBear (Post 5853922)
I mailed out my partners February Block. Boy you talk about a challenge! It's a Hop Scotch Block. Now I know ya'll will think of blocks with a block number in it but that was so well empty, lol Well it's to be for little girls so we need color right...and it was requested it reflect something that we did at that age or liked to do.

I just hope what I came up with reflects what The Beginning Quilter can use! It had to be colorful!

Hugs,
Cajun

Can't wait to see that block!

rfbrazell 02-11-2013 12:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Now I know why I really liked you.....FEB 18th....Yeah. Here is your birthday cake I made for you. It took a lot of time to become the NEXT GREATEST BAKER......lol
Roberto

Originally Posted by pbadder (Post 5852931)
That must be our Robert. I also have a birthday the same day.

pbadder 02-11-2013 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by rfbrazell (Post 5854445)
Now I know why I really liked you.....FEB 18th....Yeah. Here is your birthday cake I made for you. It took a lot of time to become the NEXT GREATEST BAKER......lol
Roberto

Thank you Robert I love it. Hope you have a great birthday. Perfect cake thank you makes me feel Young.

dotcomdtcm 02-11-2013 02:00 PM

Worked ALL afternoon on my partner's February block. I am very new to paper piecing. Wow, so pretty. The teacher in me says make another tomorrow, practice making closer to perfect. PS Big NYC snow being washed away by big rain!

Oksewnsew 02-11-2013 10:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I received a gorgeous block today from my Feb partner, Sue (Sustraley)... I love the colors and choice of fabrics.. Thanks for that and the Quincy booklet...:thumbup:

Robert, :(:(:(, sorry, just can't quit :('ing. You didn't make me a b'day cake.. :(:( Mine was the 6th (last Weds.)..

WAAAHAAHAAHAAA.....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]394670[/ATTACH]

sustraley 02-12-2013 02:49 AM

Glad you liked it oksewnsew. Take care.

cjr 02-12-2013 12:25 PM

Sustray,
Your beautiful block arrived today. The flower garden in front is the perfect touch. Sorry, I'm not good at posting pictures. house is stone, blue sky, and front flower gasrden. i just love it. it is the beginning of a new quilting adventure. I already have fabric sewn in strips & pieces for the trees; some are even cut out.

Thank you so much.