Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

bibliostone 02-22-2013 05:22 PM

[QUOTE=Whigrose;5881129]Hi all,
My February swap partner SarahF requested windmills. This may have been my biggest challenge since joining this swap last January.

These are fantastic blocks! Kudos to you!

Judith1005 02-22-2013 06:34 PM

Whigrose, your blocks came out fantastic.

Annaquilts 02-23-2013 07:32 AM

Great job whigrose! I might have opted for the alternative.
That looks hard but you sure made two beautiful windmills.

Originally Posted by Whigrose (Post 5881129)
Hi all,
My February swap partner SarahF requested windmills. This may have been my biggest challenge since joining this swap last January.

I persevered-found my inspiration this morning, cut, fused and appliqued them this evening. Yea me! Now onto my other QB quilting commitments.

best,
d

sustraley 02-23-2013 10:57 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I can not even begin to thank Robert enough for the amazing blocks I just received. They brought tears to my eyes. They are for a quilt for my son who was in the Air Force, later worked at Cape Canaveral and is now home in Illinois woking for the railroad. I promised him a quilt. He wanted military and space for the main blocks. I have several blocks from a panel I bought once in Florida depicting Cape Canaveral. Robert was kind enough to swap with me this month. I am so excited. It is probably a good thing that I am not closer to where Robert lives. I would have to give him the biggest hug ever. You are an awesome person. Thank you, Thank you!!!!!!!

ssnare 02-23-2013 01:49 PM

sustraley, my blocks seem totally inadequate when I see what Robert does.

mscupid804 02-23-2013 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by ssnare (Post 5883107)
sustraley, my blocks seem totally inadequate when I see what Robert does.

I feel the same way Sherry!

sustraley 02-23-2013 03:21 PM

I love ALL blocks. Everyone has their own personality. I wouldn't trade ANY of them that I have received. ssnare--yours are great that I have received. Don't forget that!!!

rfbrazell 02-23-2013 06:14 PM

Those are FABULOUSO.....just awesome.
Roberto

Originally Posted by Whigrose (Post 5881129)
Hi all,

I persevered-found my inspiration this morning, cut, fused and appliqued them this evening. Yea me! Now onto my other QB quilting commitments.

best,
d

rfbrazell 02-23-2013 06:20 PM

Teresa,
The blocks you made for me are exquisite and I love them.
To tell you the truth I am a awful piecer on blocks. But I keep trying.
respect all of you.
R

Originally Posted by mscupid804 (Post 5883130)
I feel the same way Sherry!

mscupid804 02-23-2013 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by rfbrazell (Post 5883573)
Teresa,
The blocks you made for me are exquisite and I love them.
To tell you the truth I am a awful piecer on blocks. But I keep trying.
respect all of you.
R

Thx Robert, what are you requesting now for blocks? What do you do with all the blocks, make quilts for yourself or what??