Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

paintmejudy 04-07-2011 12:51 PM

Yeah, Florence, LOL March really put me close to the end -- I swapped 18 blocks in March alone, and the 13 blocks from April did it! Now just have to wait for them all to come in. Ladies -- there will be 8 blocks from Pokerdiva in this quilt. She was busy, too.

Originally Posted by PokerDiva

Originally Posted by paintmejudy
Do you see your blocks? Should I tell them how many of yours are in this quilt? Hee hee.

Originally Posted by PokerDiva
Judy, that is going to be some quilt.

I saw some of them but I can't believe how many you have from just January. You have been a very busy girl.

paintmejudy 04-07-2011 02:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And speaking of pokerdiva, two more of her beautiful blocks arrived today. One stunner will go in the quilt I am working on now, the other beauty is slated for my new star quilt. Thank you, Florence, I love love love them both. And love the your take on the center block, different from the Quilters Cache blocks. Fabulous creativity!

PokerDiva 04-07-2011 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy
And speaking of pokerdiva, two more of her beautiful blocks arrived today. One stunner will go in the quilt I am working on now, the other is slated for my new star quilt. Thank you, Florence, I love love love them both.

Glad you like them Judy. I was just thinking that if I didn't have 3 different themes, I probably would have close to enough for one quilt. I will have to get them out and see just what I have.

jetnica 04-07-2011 02:19 PM

letsquilt - i got your blocks today! pictures later - i'm technically in class right now grading student speeches. =)

hsquiltingmom - no block yet. =( i can post a picture of the block i sent you if you like.

=)

Kate01 04-07-2011 02:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The blocks are so beautiful, I am so happy that I got into this swap. It encourages me to try new things and I am amazed at the talent here. Thanks for being here and sharing your creativity.

paintmejudy 04-07-2011 03:44 PM

This is what I like most about this swap, the variety of fabrics and blocks you get. I was pretty much a novice and not very experimental when I started 7 months ago. Now I love to make new patterns, and if it isn't to size of 12-1/2" ... oh well, I keep it for me and make another for my partner!

And it is a great group of pleasant, nice people!!!!!

Originally Posted by Kate01
The blocks are so beautiful, I am so happy that I got into this swap. It encourages me to try new things and I am amazed at the talent here. Thanks for being here and sharing your creativity.

Crafty3790 04-07-2011 05:56 PM

Beautiful blocks love the quilt.it's so nice to see the variety.

emc1118 04-07-2011 06:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I received first block on the swap from granny216. Santa is a beauty and waiting for other blocks to join him. Thanks again Mary.

Received from granny216
[ATTACH=CONFIG]181068[/ATTACH]

hsquiltingmom 04-07-2011 06:17 PM

Jetnica,

Yes, go ahead and post the pics of what you sent me. I will re-do your block. I sent it on the 31st, so I thought a week would have been plenty of time. I know it had enough postage, because I checked at the post office. If you don't get it by Saturday, then I will redo it and I am so sorry. I hate when things get lost in the mail.

cnolan 04-07-2011 07:04 PM

Dotcom, I received your blocks today, and they are FABULOUS!! THANK YOU!! I work 10-12 hours tomorrow and my camera's batteries are dead, so I probably will not be able to post the pictures before Saturday. If you would like to share your masterpieces before then, please feel free.

To all my wonderful partners, I am ashamed to say that I am not ready to mail your blocks yet. SORRY!!! After tomorrow, I will have 3 days off, and hope to get all your blocks finished and in the mail by Tuesday at the latest.

The more pictures I see posted, and the more extra swaps I am offered, the more excited I get! I am SOOOOO glad I found this swap, and THANK YOU, Carsey for organizing it all!!!!