Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

PokerDiva 08-03-2011 03:17 PM

Cover your ears and zone out. :lol: :lol:

Originally Posted by ljdugas31
OLD Is not a word i want to say,hear or think :) :lol:

shnnn 08-03-2011 03:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I Paper-Pieced!!!! Here is Linda's star!
I think that leaves me with Roberts poodles and sewnmom's purple/green... have to go fabric shopping tonight -- need pink!

immemother 08-03-2011 03:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It seems I have joined the lantern craze. I was making lanterns for Dotty and Robert but as I am a beginner I like to try out a new pattern first so I know what I am doing. I made the first one and then wondered what I would do with it, so I made another 2 and made them into a wall hanging. What colour do you think I should bind them in?
Oh and Dotty and Robert, your blocks are done and on their way!

Morningcoffeegal 08-03-2011 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011

Originally Posted by Morningcoffeegal
Ok trying my hand at posting pics on here, if it works I'll be posting all the blocks I am sending out. Crossing fingers & toes! LOL

Morningcoffeegal, your blocks are awesome!

Thank you Lv2sew2011 these blocks helped get me back in the groove after taking most of the summer off. There are alot of amazing quilters in this swap from what I can tell!

rfbrazell 08-03-2011 03:42 PM

Well there ya go. You havebeen indoctrinated into the lantern hall of fame.
I think pick up the primary color in the middle lantern, rust, peach, something like that color value and then on the very outside I wouldbn in black.
Thats my take.
R

Originally Posted by immemother
It seems I have joined the lantern craze. I was making lanterns for Dotty and Robert but as I am a beginner I like to try out a new pattern first so I know what I am doing. I made the first one and then wondered what I would do with it, so I made another 2 and made them into a wall hanging. What colour do you think I should bind them in?

Morningcoffeegal 08-03-2011 03:45 PM

[quote=shnnn]I Paper-Pieced!!!! Here is Linda's star!
I think that leaves me with Roberts poodles and sewnmom's purple/green... have to go fabric shopping tonight -- need pink![/quote

What a beaut! Love the blue & yellow!

Morningcoffeegal 08-03-2011 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by immemother

Immemother your doing an awesome job for being a beginner! Love the wall hanging. As far as borders how about a very dark strip border then maybe a sawtooth using the dominant fabric used in the lanterns then bind in the same dark fab as the first strip border?

Difergie 08-03-2011 04:28 PM

The prettiest border I ever saw with a lantern pattern, was a fan pattern. Kept the oriental feel going....really pretty.

Crafty3790 08-03-2011 04:46 PM

I love that we have had that discussion before somedays I feel very old especially chasing the 2 1/2 year old in the picture.

Originally Posted by PokerDiva
Cover your ears and zone out. :lol: :lol:

Originally Posted by ljdugas31
OLD Is not a word i want to say,hear or think :) :lol:

Crafty3790 08-03-2011 04:49 PM

By the way blocks for Robert and Fromzstore going out tomorrow sorry they took so long. Also luv2sew.