Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

rfbrazell 08-10-2011 10:24 AM

You can! I know you can. My process is looking at maybe sme blocks that othrs have done and try to do something that would compliment it and then I sit and just look at it fr a while to get my inspiriation. then I let the heart take over and just go for it.
Thank you for the compliment, but remember every block is a work from the heart and to be treasured.
remember, YOU CAN DO IT, its in you.
R

Originally Posted by mscupid804
Robert, I've been admiring your work from the wings, you simply amaze me man! I wish I could do what you do. Great work!

jacquie 08-10-2011 10:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here are 2 blocks that will be 'flying' off tomorrow,
' this cream & brown block is off to pampedd' in Australia, hope you like it as it is your first block!! i'm honoured!!!
and the second block is for 'Morningcoffeegal' and it's a pink baltimore flowers block. this is a nice block...

'cream & brown'
[ATTACH=CONFIG]239604[/ATTACH]

rfbrazell 08-10-2011 10:28 AM

I do believe that was Lewis Carroll's intention. It is the origina illistration from Lewis Carroll's book of "Alice in Wonderland". Dotty wanted the original lewis carroll' s and not disney......
Your work Donna is just great. And you are a quilting machine.
Watch out for the cheshire cat, you never know when he will show up.
R

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011

Originally Posted by rfbrazell
Dotty,
Here is the cheshire cat from the original illustration. I tried to had him in the background to give it that illusion or appearing and disapperaring by whitening his teeth and eyes. I have to still satin stitch around the trees and Cat.
I hope you like him.
he is coming your way very soon.
R

That cat looks almost scarey...LOL awesome job! oh that looks like work!

rfbrazell 08-10-2011 10:35 AM

I'm cutting it out now, but I forgot to ask are you a DIVA or a DEBUTANT....?
R[quote=Morningcoffeegal]I joined the funky xmas block swap! I signed up for 4 sets of 6! Do you think I need to get my tush movin here? LOL Make me a purse block sweetie! What would you like in exchange?

Are you going to change theme to Christmas.....? If you are I would love to make you a christmas block ( a special one)
Let me know
R

Originally Posted by Morningcoffeegal

Agree, Love the black first and the red second....White NO, NO.
R

Whoohooo Roberto Fabulouso Likes the black! LOL Good cause I ended up going with a different black & a different style border in a different red! How's that for changing your mind several times! Okay gotta move on to Xmas themes here! LOL
The guys & gals in that swap are leaving me in the dust gotta catch up! Varoommmmmmmmmm off I go back to the cutting table! LOL

Morningcoffeegal 08-10-2011 10:47 AM

Robert, the quilt is for my oldest GD who is 7, I would love her to be a "deb" but she is a DIVA!!!!!!!! LOL She just loves the Kardashians!LOL

[quote=rfbrazell]I'm cutting it out now, but I forgot to ask are you a DIVA or a DEBUTANT....?
R

I joined the funky xmas block swap! I signed up for 4 sets of 6! Do you think I need to get my tush movin here? LOL Make me a purse block sweetie! What would you like in exchange?

Are you going to change theme to Christmas.....? If you are I would love to make you a christmas block ( a special one)
Let me know
R

Agree, Love the black first and the red second....White NO, NO.
R

Whoohooo Roberto Fabulouso Likes the black! LOL Good cause I ended up going with a different black & a different style border in a different red! How's that for changing your mind several times! Okay gotta move on to Xmas themes here! LOL
The guys & gals in that swap are leaving me in the dust gotta catch up! Varoommmmmmmmmm off I go back to the cutting table! LOL

Morningcoffeegal 08-10-2011 11:14 AM

3 Attachment(s)
OK Since all of you have been such busy quilting bees I thought you should take a break & have a piece of cake.

This is another one of my passions which I have turned into a business called "Sinfully Confections". If it doesn't have chocolate it isn't Sinfully!

Chocolate Drizzle or Creme DeMint Peppermint Pattie
[ATTACH=CONFIG]239612[/ATTACH]

Cherries Creme Drizzle Delight!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]239617[/ATTACH]

Strawberries & Creme Extreme
[ATTACH=CONFIG]239618[/ATTACH]

shnnn 08-10-2011 11:22 AM

OK Since all of you have been such busy quilting bees I thought you should take a break & have a piece of cake.

This is another one of my passions which I have turned into a business called "Sinfully Confections". If it doesn't have chocolate it isn't Sinfully!

You are evil!!!

materialgrl 08-10-2011 11:26 AM

You are horrible,just by looking at that made my mouth water.I am so glad I don't live close enough to be able to indulge in your new passion.LOL

materialgrl 08-10-2011 11:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the block I am sending to my August swapper,she said I could post it so here it is.She said scrappy stars so this star weaving from quilters cache

crazyforquilting
[ATTACH=CONFIG]239630[/ATTACH]

tomilu 08-10-2011 11:53 AM

I just gained 5 pounds looking at those lucious cakes!!! :roll: