Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MUG RUG SWAP....Sign ups closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/mug-rug-swap-sign-ups-closed-t207882.html)

Nelco 01-21-2013 10:25 AM

After re-reading some of your post and measuring I find the 9X7 is a decent size to work with. <O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p
If you go and re-read the guide lines for this swap it stated:<O:p</O:p
. *SIZE: A minimum of approx. 9” x 7” in any fashion or shape.<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p<O:p</O:p
As I said before…PLEASE do not stress over this. I am hoping for this swap to be challenging, fun & making new friends. <O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p
I love all the photos of the rugs so far..Too bad I cannot have them all :D<O:p</O:p

Nelco 01-21-2013 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat (Post 5801965)
I came back to edit my post but too much time had elapsed. Here are two pics to illustrate with my favourite mid-afternoon snack on them. The blue is 7 x 9" and the black/green 6 x 8". Either work well. BTW, these are practice FMQ squares I cut up to make mug rugs from, NOT what I will be doing on this swap.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]389688[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]389689[/ATTACH]

Thank you for the comparisons. Both look good<o:p></o:p>

Lizzytish 01-21-2013 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Lizzytish (Post 5801827)
Okay I think a 5x9 is the perfect size. My mugs are on the large size my son calls it them soup bowls not coffee mugs.

Sorry I meant to write 7x9 being the perfect size mug rug.

DustysMomma 01-21-2013 10:56 AM

I'm thinking that I'm going to have to measure tlhe little spot at work where mine will live. I have room for 2 drinks there, but I believe a small plate wouldn't fit. I need a mini tape measure, lol. A larger one would work on my sewing table though. I can't remember what size I made the bunch at Christmas. I do still have a piece of flannel leftover where I cut too many batting pieces though. I like flannel for mug rug batting because it catches moisture, but dries well without smelling funny.

As for my partner's, I can't decide what to do, but I have a couple theme directions I'd like to go in.

lvbabyboomer 01-21-2013 11:43 AM

Working on mine. I will probably make two - just to be sure she likes at least one of them. Almost done.

Diane

rwquilts 01-21-2013 01:43 PM

Linda, your mug rugs made for grandkids are so cute! Especially Sunbonnet Sue. :)

Elisabrat 01-21-2013 01:54 PM

ok did anyone here know that the word "MUG RUG" is has a patton? the man who invented them had worked at a coffee shop and all the spills and wasted napkins bugged him. he has these rubber COASTERS that are absorbant and washable so you need less napkins. His are coaster size. Didnt know it was actually a word licensed to someone. So we can call them I think anything we want. its a boring fact yawn. like snack mats better myself. and that snack looked mighty good belfry. I have pretty little salad size dessert plates I love to have my snacks on. flowers lady like love em. and pink and white polka dot mugs to have my coffee in. all girly stuff. my house is manly man snake skins, antlers, rocks wood carvings lots of guy stuff. I fix it up with holiday goodies. and a few pieces of .. girly stuff :)

Momma_K 01-21-2013 02:07 PM

Very Nice Belfry!! In fact I may have a cup of coffee when I get home! With a snack of course!!

Momma_K 01-21-2013 02:12 PM

HA!! Maybe if my MR is sorta on the smaller size I won't be tempted to lay a snack next to my cup!! HA!! Maybe I'll need two of them, one for snacking and another for drinks only....!! Ha! ;)

Nelco 01-21-2013 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 5803005)
ok did anyone here know that the word "MUG RUG" is has a patton? the man who invented them had worked at a coffee shop and all the spills and wasted napkins bugged him. he has these rubber COASTERS that are absorbant and washable so you need less napkins. His are coaster size. Didnt know it was actually a word licensed to someone. So we can call them I think anything we want. its a boring fact yawn. like snack mats better myself. and that snack looked mighty good belfry. I have pretty little salad size dessert plates I love to have my snacks on. flowers lady like love em. and pink and white polka dot mugs to have my coffee in. all
girly stuff. my house is manly man snake skins, antlers, rocks wood carvings lots of guy stuff. I fix it up with holiday goodies. and a few pieces of .. girly stuff :)

Linda..Thank you for the information, Guess you can google anything and find an answer. :thumbup: