Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilting Board's First Scrap Club (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilting-boards-first-scrap-club-t207686.html)

rwquilts 05-12-2013 04:42 AM

Sorry Rhonda, I didn't see this post til today so I don't have anything to "show and tell", but can't wait to see what others did? I will be back later to see pictures! :) By the way....HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all the wonderful women out there! Yes, and if you're reading this, that means YOU! :) :):)

Everose 05-12-2013 08:03 AM

3 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]413037[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]413038[/ATTACH]Rhonda, I was working on these little scrappy pin cushions when I saw your "dare". I have made dozens of them so far - working for a craft sale, but gave them to the quilting ladies at our church for Valentine's Day. The scrappy quilt was made for the ladies of the church also. We make quilts for World Relief, but some stay in our area for different agencies, like the Ronald McDonald House.

Have a great Mother's Day to all!!!!

Rhonda 05-12-2013 08:17 AM

Ronda you can still throw something together if you wish. You have until tonight to show and tell! But I will be throwing these SCRAP ATTACKS out there from time to time so you can do one next time!

Everrose I love your pincushions so cute! They look pretty easy to make too

lynnie 05-12-2013 12:15 PM

everose, love your pincushions. I hope on on of the swaps I get you, love those prairie points on the cushions!!!!

JuneBillie 05-12-2013 04:14 PM

I tune in seeing what all you folks are working on. Some very talented people on here too. Love those scrappy pin cushions, and the scrappy quilt, and well everything I have been seeing. Happy Mother's Day!!

rwquilts 05-13-2013 03:56 AM

Everose, what adorable pin cushions, the scrappy quilt is wonderful! Why does looking at scrappy quilt projects always make me smile and feel warm and cozy? Thanks for sharing! :)

lynnie 05-13-2013 12:29 PM

i guess sewred is my partner this month. I made my little bag, oops, broke a pair of FISKERS cutting the square bottom threw the French seams. gosh, that has never happened to me, Have any of you ever broke a pair of scissors cutting thru a seam. They just fell apart in the middle where they meet. If anyone knows sewred, please ask her to pm me so I can get her gift out to her as soon as possible. thanks

Vanogay 05-14-2013 11:46 AM

Lynnie, yes, I have broken a pair of scissors, exactly as you did. Frustrating, to say the least.

lynnie 05-14-2013 02:27 PM

Kathleen vanogay...went to Michaels today to replace the scissors, had a 50% from Joann, got side tracked...damn a.d.d., and got for only $10 a portable ott lite. Oh well, next time. i'll make due with the scissors I have.

lynnie 05-14-2013 02:31 PM

oh, just made another bag, it's about 9x9
it has an antique sewing machine and says 'love to sew'
the bag is made of pet screen, it's black screening. Redgarnet
made me once, and I thought' now isn't that clever'.
it has red and black fab on the sides and a black zipper.
I think it's cool. I hope whoever gets it can photograph it for me.