Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilting Board's First Scrap Club (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilting-boards-first-scrap-club-t207686.html)

Cogito 06-26-2013 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda (Post 6128031)
This swap is a SCRAP SWAP I can do an orphan block but I need at least 4 people interested. I also would do a string swap with the same 4 people need to be interested.

I'm glad you all enjoy the club!!

Rhonda,
i haven't participated in any of your forums yet, but I would love to be included in your scrap swap. Tell me what I need to do. I have all kinds of scraps to share but I am really wanting selveges!

QuilterMomma 06-26-2013 09:44 AM

Oh goodness cogito, you want selvages, then I am your person. For some reason I do not throw those away, in fact, my daughter uses them for her hair. Now they are the selvages, I just put them out in the garage because the stack was so large on my sewing desk. So, lets pm and I will send them off to you girl. we can work some details out. I am not picky when it comes to getting them out the door. In fact, you till Monday to swap with me, and I will have more for you. I am finishing up a couple of quilts on the longarm and there are selvages for sure. I put the binding on for my longarm customers and so I end up with those large selvages as well. Then, I can cut some off the fabric I am using in the Boom 10 swap, join in that fun girl. I also have lots of scraps still having the selvages on them. Yep, lots of that here.

I need to get out in the garage and do some more scrounging. I pulled out the star crazy patch quilt, and find that I have made the small triangles, 20 of them, in lights, three centers in red but need three more and no red in my scraps, they are coming from my swap partner now, then I need to do 60 dark diamonds and 20 small triangles in dark. With 40 more in light. this is one big quilt. I want to get this one done for the fair exhibits in August. Will be busy for sure. This is the last of my oldest projects. The rest are not over 8 years old, and only a couple more of those.

carrot 06-26-2013 09:45 AM

sent PM to my swap partner.........Have not heard back from her..........Hope she is ok............

Marich52 06-27-2013 07:16 PM

My Scrap Package Came!

Yippee, received my scrap exchange from Phyllis (sunrise 4150)! Not only were there wonderful strips all beautifully organized, but a cute pattern and quilt magazine as well. She was nice enough to include a mailer as I had to order mine from the PO (who knows how long that will take) so I can get her package off in no time. Well...no long message here, I have a magazine to read!
Thanks again Phyllis!

Foxflower 06-27-2013 07:36 PM

Mailed your package priority sewred, it should have been sent out first thing this Thursday morning.

Rhonda 06-27-2013 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Marich52 (Post 6147635)
Yippee, received my scrap exchange from Phyllis (sunrise 4150)! Not only were there wonderful strips all beautifully organized, but a cute pattern and quilt magazine as well. She was nice enough to include a mailer as I had to order mine from the PO (who knows how long that will take) so I can get her package off in no time. Well...no long message here, I have a magazine to read!
Thanks again Phyllis!

Great! I'm glad to see you and your partner exchanging but where's the picture???? Hmmmm?? LOL

QuilterMomma 06-28-2013 10:57 AM

I will be doing my scrap diving this weekend for my partner and getting it off to her on Monday probably. And, if all goes well, get those selvages in the mail the same time. I have a lot of cutting to do this weekend and finish a Steelers quilt for a customer, to bad I still have to piece the blocks and assemble. Busy fun weekend ahead.

sewred 06-29-2013 07:37 AM

Foxflower I sent your swap pkg. today priority also. Should be there before too long!

Foxflower 06-29-2013 07:57 AM

I'll keep an eye out this week. Yours left KY sorting facility this am and should be arriving......

Rhonda 06-29-2013 10:29 AM

Looking forward to seeing what you all get!!