Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilting Board's First Scrap Club (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilting-boards-first-scrap-club-t207686.html)

sewred 06-20-2013 06:38 AM

How do we know who we are swapping with, please? I have lots of scraps, so I should be able to swap with anyone. I have no preference as to what I want or need! I just like swapping fabrics.

QuilterMomma 06-20-2013 09:32 AM

I have to find the bag, but I have a bunch of 2.5" strips I cut up from fabric that I had received from inheritance. I put them in a bag in a pile somewhere. I would be willing to swap a bunch of that out. I also have other scraps I can swap, just have to dig in the bins and find them. I am not positive what all is in them. I know, just move them on girl. I will let go. Lord knows I have enough fabric to work with. I think if possible, would like some red scraps to finish up my crazy star quilt that has been started way to long ago. It needed more reds for the center point and I did not have any at the time so i set it aside. See how I am.

Rhonda 06-20-2013 10:40 AM

I'll have the scrap swap list ready later today. Gotta be gone for awhile. I'll do my best to pair you all up so you get what you need.

VickiM 06-20-2013 04:40 PM

10 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by IBQLTN (Post 6132841)
VickiM - love your purses.

Did you still keep the metal snap tape in them or just have them as an open tote?
Is that a two-layer set of pockets inside or was it more of your scraps? I'd never thought of a double layer pocket but I think it would be a good idea!

Yes, the metal tape is in them...the red/white one didn't close as well as I thought it should so I also added a strip of velcro in keep it closed...the other 2 were ok. That one was more of an upholstry weight fabric, so I think that made a difference. The pockets are just scraps too...it's not double layer pocket. I do make a zipper area & a pocket right behind it & also pockets below a zip area. Here are 3 purses I just finished today...2 are for my daughter in N.C. (a summer & a winter) & the flamingo purse will be for my booth...they are scrappy too. My daughter picked out her scraps while she was here a couple weeks ago. Anyway, her purse inside shows the pocket behind the zip area along with a pocket & pen holder on the other side. These were made from a free pattern I got online called COCOA (http://www.chriswdesigns.com) but as you can see, I made it MY way. I can't leave a recipe alone either...:) Anyway here are the purses & also the first one I made from that pattern that I thought my daughter would like but she wanted different so I will put the seashell one in my booth for the show in a couple weeks. I thought her tutorial was excellent!

VickiM 06-20-2013 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Muse&Sew (Post 6133075)
VickiM, what fun purses. I'd love to get your pattern.

No pattern for the snap purses other that to make the snap purse in a larger size & add strap & pockets. Most of the purses I make are my own imagination or adapted from a pattern I like but have to still do it MY way. Just play...:)

Muse&Sew 06-20-2013 05:13 PM

Vicki your purses are amazing! Thanks for the info!

Originally Posted by VickiM (Post 6134087)
No pattern for the snap purses other that to make the snap purse in a larger size & add strap & pockets. Most of the purses I make are my own imagination or adapted from a pattern I like but have to still do it MY way. Just play...:)

Foxflower 06-21-2013 08:11 AM

Wonderful bags. thanks for the fun link.

IBQLTN 06-21-2013 08:53 AM

Vicki those are awesome ... thanks for the link. It was nice to see pictures of your purses on her website ... you go girl!

Have a blessed weekend.

Peggy

Rhonda 06-21-2013 09:05 AM

Scrap Partners!!!!

well I hope this works for you all. If anyone has any problems just let me know and I will be glad to help.

Mariach52 - sunrise450

Foxflower - Sewred

QuilterMomma - Judy5cents

Stitchengramie - Carrot

Rhonda 06-21-2013 09:07 AM

wonderful purses Vicki!! I started out making purses when I first began quilting 30 yrs ago. I know all about making them your own way! LOL