Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilting Board's First Scrap Club (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilting-boards-first-scrap-club-t207686.html)

LoupEsprit 12-12-2012 08:22 PM

What are the requirements? All cotton? I have minky also...

Rhonda 12-12-2012 08:45 PM

Here is the SCRAP SWAP list for signing up by Dec 17

This is what I have so far.

1.carrot
2.sew4nin
3.Debbie73521
4.reginalovesfabric ?
5.SandyinZ4

Rhonda 12-12-2012 08:50 PM

In regards to the scrap swap it's been asked what everyone wants and a member told me what she had to offer.

So if you want to post what you have to offer in scraps as to what size and what type of fabrics and then post what you would like to get in return. I will then try to match up or put the right ones together. It may be that you may not have a partner so much as send your offer to someone and get what you need from someone else.

I'm easy as to how this can work. whatever serves the needs. I just want it to be fair to all participants.

Rhonda 12-12-2012 08:55 PM

I mostly use 100% cotton small to tiny print calicos mostly in country colors. I like dark print on white to light background or light print on dark to med backgrounds. But am open to most anything as I am trying to expand my thinking. I am a miniaturist but have also done Doll Quilts and Wall hangings so can use larger prints just not huge prints. I like having resources to draw from when a whim hits. I'm not one to try to use up every scrap. I love to have scraps for when I want or need to forage for a particular color or print.

I have lots of cotton prints mostly small to tiny print but I also have stuff I have been given which is medium prints. I do have some batiks but it isn't my thing so dont' have alot of them. As far as I know all of mine are 100% cotton.
I can do down to 1" up to any size scraps.

LoupEsprit 12-13-2012 07:22 AM

Count me in. Not sure exactly what I'll have yet, but I should have a quart-size baggy full of assorted prints, different sizes. When I get it sorted out, I'll be more specific.

sewred 12-13-2012 07:38 AM

I would like to join this group and the swap. I am open to just about any fabrics! I have quite a bit of scrap stash so hopefully my swap partner will like what I send!

carrot 12-13-2012 09:54 AM

I'm a cotton and batik kind of girl :D

QuilterMomma 12-13-2012 10:11 AM

Looks interesting but not going to swap them right now. I have way to many to sort thru and enough of a variety that no need to swap I think. You girls have all kinds of fun. I have enjoyed the links for projects which will get me going next year. Will be fun to see what scraps are swapped.

Rhonda 12-13-2012 10:45 AM

Here is the SCRAP SWAP list for signing up by Dec 17

This is what I have so far.

1.carrot
2.sew4nin
3.Debbie73521
4.reginalovesfabric ?
5.SandyinZ4
6.LoupEsprit
7.Sewred

klgreene 12-13-2012 11:22 AM

Scrappy Christmas

2 Attachment(s)
Hi all....we had our quilt guild Christmas party the other day and we did a 10" square swap. But since a lot of the prints are larger, it's hard to use those for mini's, so I decided to make this Christmas quilt out of all the squares. So very scrappy It's a bit busy, but fun to look at all the fabrics, and gives me anoter quilt to practice my FMQ on.