Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilting Board's First Scrap Club (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilting-boards-first-scrap-club-t207686.html)

Elisabrat 12-20-2012 02:32 PM

now scrappy walker bags are a good idea .. colorful make your walker easily identifiable from the others..

Rhonda 12-20-2012 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Dodie (Post 5731584)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]383299[/ATTACH]still not sure that I am where I should be but these are my first 2 scrap blocks of jewelbox

Very pretty! I really like this design in scrappy the best

QuilterMomma 12-20-2012 02:58 PM

I like them. The white keeps them uniform with all the beautiful colors. Now come get my scraps in order so I can just sew them up also.

QuilterMomma 12-20-2012 02:59 PM

Like those pure comfort wraps ssnare. They seem more practical because they will stay on them instead of slide off the wheel chair and if they are with walkers, they will hang nicely as they walk back to their rooms. Nice of you to do them.

rwquilts 12-20-2012 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5731698)
Like those pure comfort wraps ssnare. They seem more practical because they will stay on them instead of slide off the wheel chair and if they are with walkers, they will hang nicely as they walk back to their rooms. Nice of you to do them.

Couldn't have said it better. I agree. :)

adamae 12-20-2012 07:25 PM

I found 184 words, I bet there are more....

Elisabrat 12-21-2012 08:46 AM

Where I stayed at the convelescent home they took things to wash but half the time did not return them to their owners. They would get back other things instead. Is there anyway to put one white strip in those if you do them again and this way when gifted could have the patients name put on there with washable marker? better shot at getting them back to their owner. just food for thought.

I am off to check out the mystery quilt. There is a scrappy mystery train coming here in the block of the month Dec 29th just a three week mystery quilt project for those who are interested.
I keep my little scraps dont laugh sorted by color on my bookshelf. If its smaller than a f4 it goes on the shelf and I use them for my swap blocks all the time. Hows about you send me your scraps Quiltermomma.. glad to sort them.. and quickly shove them on my shelves. lol (ok it was a good try you must have oodles of scraps!).

hearthhush 12-21-2012 09:57 AM

I am so ready for this swap. I have lots of sizes. I do mini quilts use as small as 1-1/2" to 4" and larger. Working on a quilt the largest pieces are 2-1/2". I have up to 10" pieces and all between. Some pieces are novelty kid prints and flowers, solids, even holiday prints.

kay carlson 12-21-2012 10:35 AM

Elisabrat, I wish you much happiness and thank you for your wonderful suggestion to put a white strip on the comfort quilts for nursing home patients. Why or why did I not think of that years ago!?!? The strip identifying the owner with the standard laundry marking will be ever so useful and there are other applications, as well. :-)

Lynnie25 12-21-2012 01:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a scrappy quilt I am currently sewing together. I love this pattern so much, I am going to make another.