Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilts-quilters-swap-open-til-15-dec-2011-a-t159331.html)

QuilterMomma 11-13-2012 04:03 PM

I could post my ribbons as an avatar.:hunf:

valleyquiltermo 11-13-2012 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5654873)
Thank you so much. The little squirrels have to defend their food from the crows somehow. My daughter sent this to me and I just could not refuse to use it as my avatar. It came when I needed a defense against UFOs. As you may know, I am at 99 UFOs completed with a goal of 120 for the year. I went out to the garage to hide a gift in the fabric cupboards where children dare not go, and could not find a spot to put it. I asked myself, "I have done 99 unfinished projects and I have no place in my cupboards to hide anything, why have these things not made a hole? Have I not made a dent in my projects? Where are they coming from?" So hence, the squirrel is my defense against those pesky reproducting UFOs that are happening in my garage. How do they do it?

I need him at my studo, my ufos and my fabrics are reproducting
at an alarming rate.
lol

QuilterMomma 11-13-2012 04:14 PM

Well if fabric is reproducing, then you are ok, it is just those unfinished things that never seem to go away but multiply. I could always stand for more fabric. i wish that was the problem then I could do more projects, but those yucky ufos just don't. Made my partners their quilts with the ufos, then I still had more left over and made three more lap quilts and one full size.

Annaquilts 11-14-2012 12:10 AM

I like the little story that goes with creepy squirel. Does that count for something,:D

Foxflower 11-14-2012 10:16 AM

At first I thought the squirrel his holding a gun, but look closely and you'll see that it's a fire fighting squirrel with a fire hose and captain's helmet--that makes it a lot less creepy. He's just trying to save the forest I guess, as well as spraying all the UFOs out of the sky. Those PHDs better watch out too. After all, who knows if squirrels like scientists?

QuilterMomma 11-15-2012 01:59 PM

Love that one FoxFlower.

QuilterMomma 11-15-2012 02:00 PM

Maybe at end of month will change him up if I finish enough ufos to feel like I made a dent in the cupboards because will have more gifts to put away.

QuilterMomma 11-15-2012 02:27 PM

Ok, Beth is stuck, how do I ship internationally again. Just want to do it right and you experienced ladies could asistn. An envelope is one thing, but a whole quilt is another. I have emailed caroline and waiting for response. There is a time change difference. I checked on USPS and there are a few options. Do I use them or UPS or Fed Ex? Haven't checked prices on the others, but I just want it there. Any info is welcome.

QuilterMomma 11-15-2012 03:07 PM

Can't afford UPS, they are $189 but would get there Wednesday. Working on another.

QuilterMomma 11-15-2012 03:33 PM

So can't afford Fed Ex, so going to have to use the regular postal service even though will take a bit longer. Delivery Confirmation will have to be enough. Fed Ex was $198 on the 10 lb box. I know it would get there, but.....