Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilts-quilters-swap-open-til-15-dec-2011-a-t159331.html)

francie yuhas 11-11-2012 09:13 AM

Sign me up! It sounds like fun!

jillaine 11-11-2012 10:34 AM

I can't quite believe it's November again. Seems like it was just June. It was a year ago we started thinking about this swap. After all the work entailed, frankly, I've been ambivalent about doing it again. So, advise me, please! Should I? I'm getting requests already!

Vanogay 11-11-2012 01:33 PM

I'd be willing to give it a go again, but then, I was one of those that had no problems. I don't know if I'd be so willing it my quilt was somewhere lost between here and who knows where - you know all that work and.....

jillaine 11-11-2012 02:36 PM

IF I did it again, I think I would limit it to continental North America/United States. Sorry to those of you across the seas, but the international shipping (with the exception of US<->Canada) was so stressful. Pretty much every pair involving international shipping (again not counting US-Canada) had a problem. I don't think I could bear that again, and I wasn't even directly involved!

didi 11-12-2012 04:49 AM

This is just a suggestion, maybe we could do a wall hanging..it could be of different sizes..you could choose which size to join..example::: small, medium and large...I choose the medium and you connect me to another medium. I hate leaving out the ones over the ocean..and it wouldn't cost as much to send a wall hanging. Plus, now we know how to send them by not claiming so much on the form.

Vanogay 11-12-2012 04:21 PM

I like that wall hanging size limit.

valleyquiltermo 11-12-2012 06:23 PM

quiltermomma I personally love your avatar. it is the coolest.

ligia 11-13-2012 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by didi (Post 5651260)
I hate leaving out the ones over the ocean..

Didi, thanks for caring.
Last year I took part in a RR with 9 players per group.
Nine quilts received and sent back without ANY PROBLEM AT ALL.
Btw - I think my quilt ended up being one of the prettiest .. :thumbup:

QuilterMomma 11-13-2012 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts (Post 5649135)
OK Thank you! I was too scared to tell her but it gives me the creepies too. LOL

Well good, let us hope it scares those UFOs and stops their reproduction of more UFOs.

QuilterMomma 11-13-2012 04:01 PM

Thank you so much. The little squirrels have to defend their food from the crows somehow. My daughter sent this to me and I just could not refuse to use it as my avatar. It came when I needed a defense against UFOs. As you may know, I am at 99 UFOs completed with a goal of 120 for the year. I went out to the garage to hide a gift in the fabric cupboards where children dare not go, and could not find a spot to put it. I asked myself, "I have done 99 unfinished projects and I have no place in my cupboards to hide anything, why have these things not made a hole? Have I not made a dent in my projects? Where are they coming from?" So hence, the squirrel is my defense against those pesky reproducting UFOs that are happening in my garage. How do they do it?

Originally Posted by valleyquiltermo (Post 5652823)
quiltermomma I personally love your avatar. it is the coolest.