Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilts-quilters-swap-open-til-15-dec-2011-a-t159331.html)

Foxflower 03-17-2012 10:40 AM

Oh, Rose, I hope everything goes well with your bypass. Sometimes things do work out for the best. Sewing will be a good therapy when you're done. That, and sleeping!

shnnn 03-17-2012 11:21 AM

Rose, I hope all goes well for you! I think it's an important reminder for us that heart attack symptoms are a lot different for women than men! Sending warm fuzzy thoughts your way!

Sibi 03-17-2012 04:24 PM

Rose, so sorry to hear that you've suffered a heart attack. I hope your surgery goes well and you have a speedy recovery. Take care of yourself and get plenty of rest.

lindy-2 03-17-2012 05:43 PM

sorry to hear about your heart problems will pray for you hope surgery goes well.

jillnjo 03-17-2012 05:49 PM

Rose-Take care of yourself and will pray for the best for you!!

carrot 03-18-2012 06:04 AM

Prayers and{{{HUGS}}} Rose !!! It is amazing what heart surgeons can do. My husband had a triple bypass 3 yrs ago and he is a new person. You are in my prayers . Best wishes !!

jillaine 03-18-2012 07:30 AM

I am SO sorry, EVERYONE, for not responding sooner. Yikes! I am not getting those updates in email that let me know people have posted here! Good heavens! I was also on a business trip for a week. So much has happened here, both good and not so.

Rose L, oh my. I am sorry to hear about your surgery needs. We will all hold you in our thoughts on prayers. The good new is that your swap partner has not withdrawn from the swap. I'm sorry she has not responded to you. She reported that she is 75% complete with your quilt!

I will contact her, however, and let her know about your situation.

Everyone else, I have gone through my entire list of swap participants, and as far as I can tell, those people who thought their partners had disappeared (yaya...) have been reunited. And as far as I can tell, no one is off the map completely. I *am* waiting to hear from a few people who haven't given me their status updates, but who are, according to their partners, still in touch and still involved.

So... if, as of today (Sunday, 18 March 2012), there is someone who believes they no longer have a partner, or whose partner has been incommunicado, let me know. Several people have volunteered to make a quilt for an "abandoned" swapper-- some even have an extra already made!! And someone else suggested a group effort should that be needed.

Please do not hesitate to speak up if you've been abandoned or, frankly, if you know you're not going to be able to complete your commitment. Life, clearly!, happens. The good news is: we have a wonderful community here to support this swap, one way or another.

-- Jillaine

Rose L 03-18-2012 05:32 PM

Jillaine, Thank you so much for this news. I feel so much better knowing my partner is still in the game! I shall continue on with her quilt as soon as I am able to and still hope to be done by July 1.

Thanks to all of you for your well wishes and prayers, very much appreciated. My surgery is in the morning and I feel confident that it will all turn out just fine. I'll post when I am able to let you know how everything has gone.

Rose L

wuv2quilt 03-18-2012 05:45 PM

Hugs and Blessings to you Ms. Rose. I'll say an extra prayer for a swift recovery.

Ms. Carolyn, thank you for the prayers. I'm so happy that your DH is doing well. I've got your quilt on hold until we (the doctors) figure out if the nerve damage to my arm is permenant or not. You dear lady are an angel to be so understanding. God Bless.
Beckie aka wuv2quilt

KGoodhand 03-19-2012 05:18 AM

Need to Express my Apologies

I want to send my deepest apologies to the people I owe blocks to in the Monthly Block Swap. I have your names and block choices but my mind has not been on sewing lately. Things have been happening in my family and I have been trying to help out. Now to top it off I have been told I have pneumonia. Things just keep happening. Please accept my apologies again and know that I will get you your blocks. I may contact you to see if there is a new theme you have now but you will receive the blocks.
Sorry! Life really gets in the way sometimes!!! lol