Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilts-quilters-swap-open-til-15-dec-2011-a-t159331.html)

yayaquilts 03-19-2012 08:31 AM

Yes! My partner and I have been in contact and things are moving forward. I know the fabrics and pattern I am making for her and excited to get it started when I return home next week. I'm loving the quilts that have been shared here.

Sending prayers for a speedy recovery Rose and others with health issues. Spring is just around the corner! Time of renewal and rejoicing!

QuilterMomma 03-19-2012 12:04 PM

Ditto prayers going out.

jillaine 03-22-2012 04:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, I have an updated participation chart (and figured out how to add numbers to the pie pieces). Things are looking good. Here it is:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]321617[/ATTACH]

The colors are really close-- especially the blues. 1 person hasn't responded (that light blue on top); 3 people have completed and shipped (the darker blue next to it), and 11 people are 25% complete (larger turquoise blue lower left).

-- Jillaine

jillaine 03-22-2012 04:43 AM

Okay... I have finished going through all the data. And my apologies to those of you I sent confusing messages to. I used to be really good at record keeping and organizing, but that skill seems to have disappeared along with my monthly periods. :p

Turns out we have "one girl out". Tam...Moo is 60% complete with the quilt she's making for her partner; unfortunately, her partner had to drop out due to nursing school demands. Now, Tam...Moo has communicated it's okay not to find her another partner. But hey. The girl's got a 60% complete quilt to give someone (unless she's decided to send it to the nursing student anyway)! And I don't think ANYONE should have to lose out because they lost their partner. So... Here's what Tam...Moo... initially said she'd like to have:

"Would love to receive a quilt with some applique in it. I love the 30s prints and small prints. I am partial to turquoise blue and don't particularly like orange or green."

What do you think, folks?

QuilterMomma 03-22-2012 11:29 AM

I have been working on one of those 30s prints quilts and the border could end up being the turquoise blue. I have started the appliques. This goes along with the other one I am making Whigrose so if she wants, I am game. It is on my list to do anyway.

Tam...Moo 03-22-2012 06:26 PM

I am so honored that you would want to make a quilt for me. I didn't expect anyone to make more than one. I would love to swap with you. I am so excited to get to get to know you.

Foxflower 03-22-2012 07:15 PM

If someone is making Tam...Moo a quilt using reproductions, I have a small piece of reproduction turquoise flower print I'm done with and could pass on.

jillaine 03-23-2012 07:59 AM

Wow, I love this group.
Okay, looks like QuilterMomma is going for the world record-- and doing so supports her getting another UFO done.
Tam...Moo, you have a new partner. AND QuilterMomma: see if the fabric FoxFlower is offering is something you could use, if you need any more fabric.

Wow. I LOVE YOU ALL! ;-)

Foxflower 03-23-2012 09:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay Quiltermomma and Tam...Moo. Here is a pic of the fabric I have. It is 18.5 x 20.5. I thought you both might like to see it. Quiltermomma, I'll mail it to you IF you want to use it. If not, that's fine, I'll just retain it in my stash.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]321945[/ATTACH]

Tam...Moo 03-23-2012 03:45 PM

Fox flower that is so kind of you...I do love the fabric but I am so happy just to leave all the decisions to quilter momma since she is doing all of the work and I know I will love whatever she creates. I am still so appreciative and impressed with her generosity.