Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilts-quilters-swap-open-til-15-dec-2011-a-t159331.html)

Whigrose 04-27-2012 08:52 PM

OH MYYYYYY Goodnesssss. That is beautiful! What a very lucky swap you have. I love how the colors chase.

I am in awe.

Beautiful work.

best,
d
QUOTE=Sandynorm;5175251]Here is my finished project, it was a lot of fun. the pattern is the Ohio star. I am hoping my picture shows up![/QUOTE]

Whigrose 04-27-2012 08:55 PM

Okay, you guys are really beginning to make me doubt my piece for QuilterMomma.

Jillaine, you SBS is fabulous. And the SBS's look hand appliqued? Talent. I'm envious. Someday I wish someone would sit me down and teach me how to hand applique.

Beautiful. Another very fortunate swap partner.

best,
d
QUOTE=jillaine;5175394]Here's a sneak peek at the Sunbonnet Sue that 95% complete -- making it for Mamasani.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]331206[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

jillaine 04-28-2012 04:33 AM

I don't know how to appliqué any other way ;-}

Im afraid of a messy zig zag.

stippling in the background (with surprises). Slowly getting to the finish line.

QuilterMomma 04-29-2012 05:43 AM

Had the surgery last wednesday. running a fever now with increased pain. may have to go to doc possible infection. i have done all they said. i have not even sewn yet. going to do that today and see how it goes. work on whig rose and finish up appiques on tammoos. so excited to see the wonderful works that you ladies have done. love the sbs and the ohio rose is awesome.

Annaquilts 04-29-2012 10:46 AM

Stunning Sandynorm. Thanks for posting the picture. I really like the Ohio star and colors.

Originally Posted by Sandynorm (Post 5175251)
Here is my finished project, it was a lot of fun. the pattern is the Ohio star. I am hoping my picture shows up!

jillaine 04-29-2012 11:17 AM

Of the 58 people still participating in the swap (which still sounds like a lot to me), I've heard from 34 (60%) so far. That group, on average, is 77% done! (Can you tell I like to play in Excel?)

And also of that group, we have at least seven completed quilts. Here's the list of people who have completed a quilt

sandynorm
quiltin'gran (1 out of 3)
painiacs
marcialee
jillnjo
catrancher
ligia

If you've completed a quilt, and your ID isn't on that list, let me know. While I love to play in Excel, I'm not a detail person (with numbers and records).

My name should probably also be on that list... well darn close. All done, threads trimmed, but I haven't put a label on it yet.

Looking forward to more photos!

-- Jillaine

QuilterMomma 04-29-2012 12:57 PM

Quiltngran is doing three as well? Otherwise maybe that was me because I have finished one of the three. THe other two are 50 and 25 done.

islandwiz1 04-29-2012 01:29 PM

Top is now finished

1 Attachment(s)
How do I quilt this. Please help with suggestions.

wuv2quilt 04-29-2012 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by islandwiz1 (Post 5180535)
How do I quilt this. Please help with suggestions.

OH My Gravy!!!! Carolyn, you've gone above and beyond!!!!! I am......WOW!!!......Oh My...This is the most beautiful quilt I've ever seen! WOW!!!!

islandwiz1 04-29-2012 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by wuv2quilt (Post 5180710)
OH My Gravy!!!! Carolyn, you've gone above and beyond!!!!! I am......WOW!!!......Oh My...This is the most beautiful quilt I've ever seen! WOW!!!!

I am so glad you like it. Now if I only knew what to do on the quilting I could finish it.