Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilts-quilters-swap-open-til-15-dec-2011-a-t159331.html)

wuv2quilt 04-30-2012 04:46 PM

islandwiz1 aka Ms. Carolyn showed my BEAUTIFUL quilt to my DH....he too was speechless...."that's going to be our quilt"?......."WOW", "that's gorgeous". I am so very, very touched by the love in this quilt. Isn't it just amazing how much love we as quilter's put into our craft? It warms my heart through and through :)

Even though we have never met in person, I am honestly blessed to know such a wonderful person as you Carolyn.

Hugs and Blessings to you and the DH.

Beckie aka wuv2quilt

PS. I started back on your quilt this week....I sew a little till the arm gives out, then I rest....then I start again :D I'm going to try my best to have it finished by the deadline....and my best bud has offered to help me as much as I need.

jillaine 05-01-2012 08:52 AM

According to my (imperfect) records, I'm still waiting for status reports from the following people; if you're reading here, or if you're in touch with any of the following, please encourage them to let me know how far along they are. Thanks! -- Jillaine

ValleyQuilterMo (carrot's partner)
Vicky K (lindy-2's partner)
Rainy Day (tealfalcon's partner)
Tealfalcon
Charismah & the quilter-formerly-known-as-Zhillslady
cranberry_cabin (TwinRiversFarm's partner)
TwinRiversFarm
dltaylor (watterstide's partner)
fabric_fancy (annaquilts' partner)
sibi (mindless' partner)
Rose L (sewnmom's partner)... could have sworn I had a response from her, but can't find it... (like I said about my record keeping -- "imperfect"0
garnet1265 (ligia's partner)
mamasani (formerly known as gwyn; who is making a quilt for shnnn)

QuilterMomma 05-01-2012 10:07 AM

So glad I did not make that list. (LOL)

Whigrose 05-01-2012 12:43 PM

Too funny. This reminded me of the time of year just before audit the organization's CFO would send out a 'You made the list' e-mail. It was a list you didn't want to see your name on because it meant you goofed somewhere along the way. Generally it was a pretty easy fix - you just had to locate documentation or find a reciept, or something similar. But still, the horrors of the entire org seeing your name was enough to make you scurry around getting what the financial dept needed so your name could be striken from the list.

Oh, and my name never did make the list the years I worked there <bcg>. Way to organized for that.

best,
d

QuilterMomma 05-01-2012 12:51 PM

Ok Whigrose, I had to go and get a few more extra fabrics to make this 30s quilt work, then ran out of the awesome white I was using and, of course, can't find it again. Oh what to do. So hopefully the ones I just picked up are going to work. Then the fabric store moved their 30s prints to back of store. Good thing the budget says you can't look at all the good stuff on the way to the back of the store. Then the BOM I have been doing for the last year, ok, two years, is down to the last two finish packages so I had to get that before I should. Well, it will be my Mother's Day gift (LOL). I am going to finish this quilt this week if it kills me.

jillaine 05-01-2012 01:10 PM

No death-by-quilting allowed!

jillaine 05-01-2012 01:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just love looking at my avatar... aren't my two great-nephew twins CUTE on those quilts? Here's another photo of them (I don't know who made the caps); makes me think of Anne Geddes' photos of babies:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]332257[/ATTACH]

jillaine 05-01-2012 01:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And one more (I know: off topic... so shoot me):
[ATTACH=CONFIG]332258[/ATTACH]

QuilterMomma 05-01-2012 01:22 PM

Oh no we don't, we can't shoot you unless there is death by quilting.

Foxflower 05-01-2012 09:18 PM

Those are precious babies. I wouldn't shoot you, I love baby pics.

Made some progress on the quilt yesterday....only one more border to go. You all will understand why the borders are taking me so long when I can finally show a photo -- it's worth it though and is definitely different than usual.....and hopefully very striking to more than just me, especially my partner.