Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilts-quilters-swap-open-til-15-dec-2011-a-t159331.html)

Rose L 05-03-2012 06:20 AM

What beautiful babies! I love that pose, my daughter had some similar done with my grand kids. I have four grands now. Doesn't seem possible, where DOES the time go? Well, off to rehab.

QuilterMomma 05-03-2012 07:29 AM

Got a little further last night on Whigrose quilt now that I am on a direction to get done. Have it all drawn out and planned so much more at ease with what I am going to do. Will draw out the tweeked quilting design that I know she is just going to love and away I will go. Going to go sew with a friend on Saturday. This will be fun for sure.

yayaquilts 05-03-2012 08:20 AM

I am so excited about the quilt I am making for my swap partner, mrsaj11.

I got a little behind when I decided to change the pattern. We went away last weekend I had intended to cut the fabrics. Luckily I didn't get to cutting the pieces, because I remembered a few more fabrics I wanted to use. So I got the fabrics cut this week and am now on a roll. I'm loving the look of the scrappy pattern and how it is coming together. I have 3 completed blocks completed and 5 almost finished and one more to piece and complete!! I'm half way there to completion.

It is so pretty I will have a hard time giving it away....but I know it isn't for me!! (I often feel this way when I make a quilt for someone else and I love the look of the fabrics and the way the pattern completes the quilt!!) I may have to make another quilt in this pattern to keep!

I can post a progress picture if Angela would like me to!!

Terryl 05-05-2012 03:59 AM

I received my quilt from Marcialee last week, ( I was waiting for her to get home from vacation before posting) it is magnificant. I asked her to post the pictures for me as I am electronically challenged. But the quilt is even more stunning in person than the pictures show it to be. Marcialee you really outdid yourself, I could not have imagined receiving a quilt this wonderful. You are a very talented quilter and I LOVE my quilt. Words cannot express my joy and gratitude.

marcialee 05-05-2012 04:39 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of the quilt I made for Terryl. [ATTACH=CONFIG]332933[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]332934[/ATTACH]

jillnjo 05-05-2012 04:44 AM

What a beautiful quilt!! I think you did a marvelous job on this quilt, marcialee!!

Foxflower 05-05-2012 08:04 AM

That is beautiful. My DD is standing here asking me to copy the pattern because it is so beautiful. She recognized the star pattern as one I have recently made and we talked about how the edges were different from the carpenters wheel I made. I'm so proud. Anyway, good job Marcialee.

yayaquilts 05-05-2012 08:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
What a beautiful quilt, marcialee!!! Did you do your own quilting?? So pretty.

I asked my partner, Angela (
mrsaj11) if she wanted a sneak peek of her quilt in progress and she said Yes! So here's a little peek:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]332959[/ATTACH]

I decided I needed to make a few more squares to reach the right size requirement. I am loving it and having fun sewing it!! Hope you like the colors, Angela!

Painiacs 05-05-2012 08:29 AM

Marcialee and yaya those are beautiful!! Hope my swap pal will like her's!!

Painiacs 05-05-2012 08:39 AM

Lilliana- I just love the pics of twins, ur nephews included! Who doesn't love babies? Makes your heart smile...