Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilts-quilters-swap-open-til-15-dec-2011-a-t159331.html)

jigs1354 07-09-2012 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by Foxflower (Post 5344603)
It was a pleasure to make. Thanks for the nice compliment.

Fox Flower, love the finished quilt, so beautiful after seeing it for real when we met.
Beautiful colors. Hope you get your Pc soon, miss your emails & you.
jigs

Tam...Moo 07-09-2012 05:00 PM

So Beautiful!

Wow how stunning. Quilter momma- your talent is so amazing.....the beauty and variety of the quilts for this one swap is so inspirational.

Whigrose 07-10-2012 02:15 AM

Wowzers! Just dropped by the board and saw the latest quilts. They are each and all gorgeous.

Cindy's Hawaiian quilt to Annaquilts is so fresh and colorful. I Love it!

mrsaj11'a batik quilt to Yaya is fabulous. I also love batiks. And I can certainly see how the quilt would look great on a 'chocolate' couch.

And then QuilterMomma's civil war fabrics quilt to thomp116- yet another great quilt turned out by QM.

There definately has been some gorgeous quilts turned out for this swap. My quilt from QM is used everynight and I love it.

best,
d

QuilterMomma 07-10-2012 10:12 AM

Now the story behind thomp's label is that on the Christmas Ornament Swap last fall, I signed up for two and only received one back for what I sent. Thomp stepped up to the plate and made me an ornament that was Steelers fabric. It is wonderful. So I thought she needed to have the Steelers fabric on her label for the memory of her being a little ornament angel for me. seemed like a good idea at time because she loves the team Pittsburg Steelers like I do. So since this was a secret for her that I make her one from her request list I was able to return the favor. Finally getting some things caught up from being gone on a longarm retreat, which was wonderful and sponsored by APQS, (I know, I own a Gammill). It was a great time. So now learned some more neat quilting ideas for the next one of these swaps or my UFOs I have left.

jillaine 07-10-2012 01:45 PM

Half of you have taken the feedback survey. If you haven't yet, please do. Thanks.

QuilterMomma 07-11-2012 03:03 PM

I sure did just for you when I got back from vacation and was at a moment to do so. Thank you so much for hosting this swap. It has been a large blessing for me.

My quilt from Annaquilts is nearly done and on its way! I am excited to see it quilted. She did it herself.

carrot 07-11-2012 03:55 PM

Jillaine-- do you want me to do it before I get my quilt ? I will if you think I should. Thanks for all your work-- You're awesome !!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by jillaine (Post 5354224)
Half of you have taken the feedback survey. If you haven't yet, please do. Thanks.

jillaine 07-12-2012 05:09 AM

I just want to point out how wonderful a lap quilt is in the summer when you're sitting in a room just a bit too chilly from the a/c! (currently using my wonderful swapped quilt for same)

Annaquilts 07-12-2012 07:13 AM

Well it is a bit warm here but I also love sitting on it or resting my head against it on the couch since it is cotton. So nice and snugly.

Originally Posted by jillaine (Post 5358233)
I just want to point out how wonderful a lap quilt is in the summer when you're sitting in a room just a bit too chilly from the a/c! (currently using my wonderful swapped quilt for same)

QuilterMomma 07-12-2012 07:36 AM

We definitely are using mine because the a/c is cold in our house. DH is hot in summer and cold in winter so we are either to cold or just right.

I am excited, Annaquilts has mailed my quilt! the old dog is going to gets lots of walks to the mailbox on Saturday to see if it came. I will get my exercise for sure.