Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilts-quilters-swap-open-til-15-dec-2011-a-t159331.html)

jillaine 07-13-2012 02:06 PM

By the way, we have had one "lost" quilt... From the US to Ireland. It's somewhere in "the UK". Apparently there are limits to tracking. We hope it gets to its intended destination.

QuilterMomma 07-13-2012 03:08 PM

On another swap, it took three months for a person to get her block across the water. So there is definitely a good chance it will get there, just taking a "scenic" route.

mindless 07-14-2012 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by jillaine (Post 5362191)
By the way, we have had one "lost" quilt... From the US to Ireland. It's somewhere in "the UK". Apparently there are limits to tracking. We hope it gets to its intended destination.

That one finally made it to its new home! More about that later........

I want to say thanks to Jillaine too. Jillaine, YOU ROCK!!! This swap was a super duper fantastic great idea!
And you have done an awesome job for us!

Thank you to all of you quilty buddies for participating....I am totally floored at how gorgeous EVERY ONE of these quilts are!!! And, it's amazing how quickly complete strangers have become bffs. I have really enjoyed this whole experience. :thumbup:

wuv2quilt 07-14-2012 05:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here it is, my GORGEOUS Baltimore Album Quilt from my partner, Carolyn...aka islandwiz1. I'm sorry it's taken so long to post pics....life has gotten in the way....and I have to keep stealing my quilt away from my 3 yo DGD, and my 6 yo son. They've both decided that the quilt is theirs, and that I don't need it LOL. I've already had sooooo many compliments on my quilt.....everyone LOVES, LOVES, LOVES it!!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]348956[/ATTACH]

jillnjo 07-14-2012 07:13 AM

How beautiful!! A lot of detail and work went into your gorgeous quilt.

Annaquilts 07-14-2012 08:08 AM

That quilt is stunning! Carolyn, you did an amazing job!

Originally Posted by wuv2quilt (Post 5363608)
Here it is, my GORGEOUS Baltimore Album Quilt from my partner, Carolyn...aka islandwiz1. I'm sorry it's taken so long to post pics....life has gotten in the way....and I have to keep stealing my quilt away from my 3 yo DGD, and my 6 yo son. They've both decided that the quilt is theirs, and that I don't need it LOL. I've already had sooooo many compliments on my quilt.....everyone LOVES, LOVES, LOVES it!!!!

carrot 07-14-2012 09:16 AM

I "LOVES-LOVES-LOVES" it too !!!!

Originally Posted by wuv2quilt (Post 5363608)

QuilterMomma 07-14-2012 01:17 PM

My quilt came!!!!!!!! It is gorgeous! Post photos when I can

Annaquilts 07-14-2012 02:13 PM

Great! I am glad you like it. The little gadget is a wooden iron, finger press, that DH made for you. Your initials are on the back.

kensington 07-14-2012 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5361383)
See kensington understands my agony here. I am just excited to see it again now quilted. The photo she posted earlier showed the stars and looked so cool now to see it in person is going to be even more eventful. So glad I did this swap. If you insure those quilts and send priority mail, praise God, there has not been any issues. You have to live sometime and the reward is so worth the effort!!! I will have four beautiful quilts for four quilts sent.

I know, I'm on pins and needles waiting for my 3rd FQ set to arrivce in that swap... They'd have to pack me in ice and give me Ambien straight to the IV if I was swapping a whole quilt. Sheesh...