Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilts-quilters-swap-open-til-15-dec-2011-a-t159331.html)

Lynnie25 03-23-2012 08:39 PM

I am just about to sandwich my quilt ready for quilting and gosh am I glad the top is done, I have never 'unpicked' so much in all my years of quilting :) but apart from a tinsy winsy mistake it looks pretty good. Let's hope I can quilt it good enough to make Vanogay love it to bits :)

jillaine 03-24-2012 05:05 AM

Omg. Vanogay is going to be a lucky girl. I just perused lynnie's quilts on webshots (see her signature for the link) and they are stunning! Lynnie, you are prolific!!!!

ligia 03-24-2012 11:45 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quilted, binded and packed ...:thumbup:
I'll be in the US in a few days now and decided to mail it to my partner - Kristin , Rhode Island - from there; easier and faster. Up to now its totally a surprise to her - unless she comes to check what is going on here because I'm attaching a pic of it so that all of you know what I came up with :
Jinny Beyer's "Outback" 60x60 pattern - tried to use just Brazilian fabrics as I could not find a good "olive hue",
used JB's fabric. Also the blue central block fabrics are also not brazilian. I asked for a light quilting to a friend who also used some blue shimmery thread. I like how it ended up. :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]322276[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]322277[/ATTACH]

PS: Will also post it under Pics.;)

Lynnie25 03-24-2012 01:45 PM

Oh my, ligia your quilt for Kristin is absolutely gorgeous. Beautiful fabrics and in one of my favourite colours too.

Lynnie25 03-24-2012 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by jillaine (Post 5086532)
Omg. Vanogay is going to be a lucky girl. I just perused lynnie's quilts on webshots (see her signature for the link) and they are stunning! Lynnie, you are prolific!!!!

Thank you jillaine. The quilt pictures on webshots are only half of my quilts, I had been very lazy and haven't updated the webshots page for ages. Most of my latest ones are in albums on here but there are quite a lot (in between) that I really need to take photos of and add to my albums - before I sell them or give them away

Foxflower 03-24-2012 10:32 PM

Ligia, that is gorgeous! The quilting does look great too. I love that shimmery thread.

QuilterMomma 03-25-2012 05:51 AM

That is awesome ligia, I love the colors in that quilt. JB fabrics are always stunning in a quilt. I just finished a Bargello with her fabrics in it, will post photos tomorrow on the UFO challenge page. I am about to hit my 10 for the month. Just have to get those bindings done and we know how I adore that part, ugh. (scrinched up face at bindings). I am on a quest now to get the 30s quilts done this month so I can send them off by May. Now to get my swap blocks done this week so I am able to make more quilts as I finish up the old. God is good.

Whigrose 03-25-2012 01:31 PM

Logia,
Your quilt is fabulous! Love the contrast and the way the colors play together. Your partner will be very happy to receive such a beautiful piece.

Best,
d

jillaine 03-25-2012 08:37 PM

Worked a lot on my partner's quilt this weekend. I was one of those in the 5-10% "piece of pie" up there and getting a bit anxious that I might not complete it on time.

I'm alternating 10" sunbonnet sue blocks (on point) with 10" pieced blocks. I have eight more pieced blocks to go, then have to figure out and make the border.

So I think I can safely say I've moved into the 25% "piece of pie" now.

-- Jillaine

ligia 03-26-2012 02:49 AM

Glad you like it - hope she will :D