Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Rhonda's Very First Wall Hanging Swap!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/rhondas-very-first-wall-hanging-swap-t190538.html)

marytoddliz 06-20-2012 01:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My block, it is called California, from the quilters Cache. Only I made it a little different, I appliqued the black squares on. I am going to do a few more embellishments to it when I do the other blocks. This block is 12.5 inches.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]343473[/ATTACH]

Rhonda 06-20-2012 01:48 PM

That is a great start on your wall hanging!! I am sure as you progress it will get better and better! And this is getting exciting now! Love the pictures!! Hope we see more from everyone!

QuilterMomma 06-20-2012 03:54 PM

I will pick one out tonight while the embroidery machine is working on daughter's UFO that needs finished before she has my hide. Then I will photo and post for you. Hmmmmm, which one. Since it has to be four blocks, then can't use one that is a full wall hanging pattern so that eliminates the John Flynn one I have cut out and ready. I have several cut out and ready to sew. OCD on cutting out fabric, but I am getting under control.

nancia 06-20-2012 05:03 PM

i can show you a picture of one of the patterns, but it won't be the colors i'm planning to use. would that help?

QuilterMomma 06-20-2012 05:50 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are some choices that came to mind on what I have to get done. Chose not to do the pineapple block because I just can't get to it mentally. So lets see which one of these I am motivated to do. Have had the cow wallhanging cut up for oh 8 or 9 years, the wedding ring one about the same, the drunkard path about 3 years, and the ladies about 8 or 9 again. Not sure what happened. I just got excited about doing things and then left them.

nancia 06-20-2012 06:14 PM

hmmmmm, the only ones i can make out are the cows and the ladies. both look good. glad i'm not choosing! that would be too hard!

Rhonda 06-20-2012 06:36 PM

It'll be interesting to see what you go with QuilterMomma! Thanks for showing us the pictures!

QuilterMomma 06-20-2012 06:59 PM

It is more of which one do I really want to work on.

stitchengramie 06-23-2012 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5304544)
It is more of which one do I really want to work on.

Put the name of each one of the quilt idea onto a piece of paper. Then fold the paper up and put it in a bowl.
Then shake the bowl to mix them up and draw a name. Then this is the quilt you will make. I do this when I cannot
decide on which quilt or project to do.

stitchengramie 06-23-2012 11:33 PM

I have my wall hanging designed and the fabric picked out that I am going to use. I will take some pictures of the fabric that I am using today. I have not started yet because I have had my grandkids every weekend. However, I do plan on at least getting my fabric pieces cut out today after the grandkids go home, so that I can sew them together this week.