Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Round Robin #10 ROCKIN Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/round-robin-10-rockin-robins-t225919.html)

Cogito 08-23-2013 07:30 AM

Okay, here's the story: In past RR's i had used left over blocks from my Grandmas quilting. She died in 1994. but this time around.....and it has been YEARS since I have played in a RR, I didn't have any leftover blocks. I was trying to figure out what I was gonna make for this RR and was really struggling. Well......I work at a LQS and we have a big bin that quilters can drop their scraps off in and we send them to the local animal shelter to make beds. Now mind you I am not in the habit of digging through this bin, lol! But the day I worked, I walked past it and here lying on the top of the bin heap was this block and another block I will post later. Well they were just way to awesome to go in a doggie bed and we send 100's of lbs. to the shelters so I asked my boss....can I take these two blocks? Yep was the answer and I snatched 'em! Well that same day I bought a grab bag of scraps from the store cause I like to add variety to my stash, lol! Would you believe that deep maroon that shows in the picture is what was in that grab bag? I was was worrying about being able to match fabrics since this is obviously a block made with older fabrics, possibly early 2000's. Then unbelievably I had ordered some fabrics from Fabric.com (love that place!) and it arrived the day after bringing these lovelies home. Oh my gosh! the fabric with the little squares that I had bought on clearance went beautifully with this. AND I found the other fabric in my stash. So ladies, I have got the start of a great RR quilt here!

I need your opinion though......what do you think? Should the green be added as corners before adding a thin border of the maroon or should I just add the maroon? I LOVE repurposing old blocks so I am very excited about this!
I will be sending the extra fabric with.....including that green you can see peeking out if not used for corners. :)
Let me know your opinions!

Cogito 08-23-2013 09:33 AM

Forgot to say the block is about 161/2"

Difergie 08-23-2013 11:46 AM

I like it with out the green corners best..but both ways look great! Imho

zzmom 08-24-2013 06:54 AM

Hi Cognito-
Great story about your center block! I guess it was fate at work:) I like it with the green corners added. It ties in well with the green in the block. Great block! Thanks for sharing your photo's. I am very close to finishing mine and will post a picture of it when it is done. It didn't quite turn out the way I had imagined, but I like it well enough!

zzmom 08-25-2013 09:52 AM

Center Block Done

2 Attachment(s)
This is my center block for our Round Robin. I had hoped to spell a word out with the letters but I didn't quite pick the right pattern for that to happen. I love the colors in these fabrics but wish the HST had shown up better. Oh well, I'm sure it will look just fine with its continued growth and development from all of you lovely quilters! As they say, "its a work in progress1":) It measures 24 1/2".

Difergie 08-25-2013 10:00 AM

Love it!.....

Cogito 08-25-2013 03:48 PM

Awesome zzmom!

Cogito 08-25-2013 03:58 PM

Scaroca and Wanda Lou, how are you two doing? Are you healing and anxious to get quilting again?

zzmom 08-25-2013 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Difergie (Post 6254580)
Love it!.....

Thanks Difergie!

zzmom 08-25-2013 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Cogito (Post 6255228)
Awesome zzmom!

Thank you! Its always nice to hear feed back:)