Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Row Robin 2012/2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/row-robin-2012-2013-a-t197378.html)

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 08-30-2012 06:06 PM

Babeyruth, I like what you have done with your row. Modern would be a whole new direction for me. I've only done one quilt that was even close to modern, but I'd be up for the challenge if your row comes my way!

babeyruth 08-30-2012 06:06 PM

wow, the diamonds are just beautiful!

babeyruth 08-30-2012 06:09 PM

Hi Lisa,

Yes, I do a lot of boomerange swaps and we mostly seem to do traditional blocks, going modern style is a first for me. I hope I get some modern rows to work on. : )

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter (Post 5480185)
Babeyruth, I like what you have done with your row. Modern would be a whole new direction for me. I've only done one quilt that was even close to modern, but I'd be up for the challenge if your row comes my way!

buslady 08-31-2012 07:12 AM

I am sew inspired by you guys!! I can't wait to get started. So here is my whinning for the day. I am so busy I can't see straight!!!!!! Work is crazy, moving still. Can't find anything in the new place and still trying to clear out the old place! OMG I hate to wish my life away, but September better go by quickly, cause October is MY month!!! Whew!!!!!!!! That felt good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

babeyruth 08-31-2012 04:01 PM

Buslady,,glad we could listen. : )

Qbee 08-31-2012 04:51 PM

We got a couple of more folks.....here is the updated list:

QBee
Babeyruth
wanda lou
TheMamaHauser (X2)
Difergie
SazuBMidlands
frusratedquilter40
girlscouts1
roda
Linda58
Krisb
charlottemarie (X2)
debfaye
Mhobbs
Peggiszo
Sauki1
Buslady
MdmSew’n’Sew
Lv2sew2011
AmyB
MistyMarie
Lisa_wanna_B_Quilter
Moonrise
Whigrose
Scrapper
mimim
Quiltermomma
Tam…Moo
ebellot

If I am missing anyone, please let me know.

SazuBMidlands 09-01-2012 12:46 AM

All you guys have such great ideas. I'm really looking forward to being able to work on some of these quilts!

I'm still choosing between 2 ideas for mine.

1) would be to do a row of houses and name the quilt something like "Our Town", and then people could add other rows of town related things, roads with cars, trees and parks, more houses, picket fences with flowers, harbour, sky, whatever.
2) would be to do a bookcase with things on the 'shelves', books, teapot, plates, a fish tank, jars, miniature quilt on display, whatever.

Hopefully both of these would be open to other peoples creativity to add something unique. I think theres both applique and pieced options for both, so people can use their own skills. Obviously the bookcase would need the sashing as the shelves. The other wouldn't need sashing. Really which one depends on whether the group wants to do sashing, or not.

Qbee 09-01-2012 11:47 AM

Here is the most recently updated list:

QBee
Babeyruth (X2)
wanda lou
TheMamaHauser (X2)
Difergie
SazuBMidlands
frusratedquilter40
girlscouts1
roda
Linda58
Krisb
charlottemarie (X2)
debfaye
Mhobbs
Peggiszo
Sauki1
Buslady
MdmSew’n’Sew
Lv2sew2011
AmyB
MistyMarie
Lisa_wanna_B_Quilter
Moonrise
Whigrose
Scrapper
mimim
Quiltermomma
Tam…Moo
ebellot

If I am missing anyone, please let me know.

ssnare 09-03-2012 07:56 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Ok, I signed up. Here is a picture of my row.

buslady 09-03-2012 08:07 AM

Wow. So many great ideas! I guess I better get on the ball and make up my mind.