Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Partner Pin Cushion/Needlecase Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-partner-pin-cushion-needlecase-swap-t216622.html)

queenof2802 04-08-2013 02:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What a wonderful surprise! As I was napping, I was awoke to a horn honking in the driveway. Went out and the mailman handed me a package. Opened it up and here's what was inside...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]406888[/ATTACH]

Mary quilting you really made me feel better today! These little owls made me think of a set of owl measuring cups that Grandmother had. I always loved to help her make lunch when I was a little girl just so I could use them. Now I will always think of you as I use these. Thank you!!

MarLeClair 04-08-2013 03:52 PM

I sent my two packages out today and received a suprise in the mailbox. Mary Quilting sent me that beautiful owl and matching needlecase. I love them both and they will have a place of honor in my applique sewing box.

lynnie 04-08-2013 04:06 PM

Ashjoy, anything yet???
my ferrets stole money from me yrs ago. When i found the money, i found my 14k gold watch also.

lynnie 04-08-2013 04:06 PM

Oooooh, those owls are to stinkin cute, pudgy little bellies!

craftygal63 04-08-2013 05:00 PM

Sorry I have been incommunicado. I started a new job on 3/28 and the commute is kicking my behind. I think I have settled on a route of lest resistance! AND...I should be starting my little projects this week and finish by the weekend. I have enlisted my mother and she will make my post office runs for me. YAY! I have a plan! :)

JuneBillie 04-08-2013 09:03 PM

Those little owls are so cute.

lauriejo 04-09-2013 02:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Look at the lovely package I got from jaba, a matching set! And in my favorite colors too.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]406940[/ATTACH]
I don't know if it will show up in the pic, but the turquoise strips on the pincushion have a line of stitching that looks like tulips. Can you believe, in her note jaba apologized because they are so simple. Don't look simple to me, they look beautiful. Love them, thank you again jaba!

SandyinZ4 04-09-2013 07:51 AM

I had planned to head to town and mail out my needle case and pin cushion to the partners but it is snowing, blowing and generally not a good day to be out and about...so... partners you will just ahve to wait a few more days. Think I will just make you each one more little scrappy gift to stick in with your goodies.Then I have to definitely get started on quilting the baby quilt for my great-niece. Shower is 27th but she showed up early! :-)

mary quilting 04-09-2013 08:42 AM

those are beautiful love the turquoise

Originally Posted by lauriejo (Post 5988165)
Look at the lovely package I got from jaba, a matching set! And in my favorite colors too.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]406940[/ATTACH]
I don't know if it will show up in the pic, but the turquoise strips on the pincushion have a line of stitching that looks like tulips. Can you believe, in her note jaba apologized because they are so simple. Don't look simple to me, they look beautiful. Love them, thank you again jaba!

Quilty-Louise 04-09-2013 09:11 AM

It is cold and snowing here in CO today.

After such a nice day yesterday (about 70 degrees). Tonight they say our low
is going to be about 8 degrees. Not sure if we will be turning the heat on or not.

I know that sounds like a "dumb" thing to say, but we live on the third floor and
you know heat rises so we generally only have to turn heat on IF/when it is bitter
cold AND the wind is blowing. No wind no heat needed.

Not to mention since I am post menopausal I tend to run a bit (a LOT) hotter than
most "normal" people and my husband complains that I try to freeze him to death
most of the time.

I just tell him to stop wearing shorts in the winter or when it is cold.