Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Partner Pin Cushion/Needlecase Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-partner-pin-cushion-needlecase-swap-t216622.html)

quiltingdragon 04-09-2013 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise (Post 5988989)
It is cold and snowing here in CO today.

After such a nice day yesterday (about 70 degrees). Tonight they say our low
is going to be about 8 degrees. Not sure if we will be turning the heat on or not.

I know that sounds like a "dumb" thing to say, but we live on the third floor and
you know heat rises so we generally only have to turn heat on IF/when it is bitter
cold AND the wind is blowing. No wind no heat needed.

Not to mention since I am post menopausal I tend to run a bit (a LOT) hotter than
most "normal" people and my husband complains that I try to freeze him to death
most of the time.

I just tell him to stop wearing shorts in the winter or when it is cold.

By contrast, after the 14" of snow we got two weeks ago, the high temp here in St. Louis today is 80 degrees and the landlord at the office won't turn on A/c until late may no matter the temp. Yes, Quilty-Louise, heat rises, and I'm on the 13th floor. It's hot up here!

QuilterMomma 04-09-2013 12:33 PM

Ok JuneBillie, my mind went south a little here. I looked at your icon then at the phrase about the owls and the way that cat is peaking around the corner there, we I just had to chuckle a bit.

Originally Posted by JuneBillie (Post 5988018)
Those little owls are so cute.

lynnie 04-09-2013 02:34 PM

Oh, the aqua is so lovely, and love those little pleats. Its oh so beautiful. Keep the beauticul works of art coming.

JuneBillie 04-09-2013 04:10 PM

QuilterMomma I can see how you thought that. lol...

Blue Cat 04-09-2013 06:10 PM

The owls and the "simple" turquoise pieces are all gorgeous. Love all the work so far.

Melissa and I will post our pictures tomorrow. Now I have both my pincushions finished. I'm so excited to see if my partners will like them.

sikesjj 04-09-2013 06:26 PM

Love all the pictures! I know what I want to do but I am so uninspired at the moment and haven't started yet. I do have my plan and my fabric.

dconroy84 04-10-2013 03:47 AM

Love the pincushion and needle book. That fabric is beautiful where was it found if I may ask??

Donna C.
dconroy84

sikesjj 04-10-2013 03:59 AM

Just got a email from Hancocks. Magnolia broadcloth is $1.49 a yard online only

jaba 04-10-2013 06:12 AM

If you're talking about my fabric, I really can't tell you. Only had about a FQ of it so I could have gotten it in the FQ swaps. Sorry. I've got to get some ideas rolling around for pin cushions, that's trouble for me, found the crushed walnut shells and only in a 20lb bag I think it was, but $26.00 later that's a lot of pin cushions. Better get to roaming the internet. Haven't heard from my other partner but she has received a set also, hope she liked them.

Originally Posted by dconroy84 (Post 5990419)

Love the pincushion and needle book. That fabric is beautiful where was it found if I may ask??

Donna C.
dconroy84

oneteappot 04-10-2013 06:20 AM

Ladies,
Just wanted to say that I love the photos that have been posted! Great job on all of the pincushions and needle books.
What a talented bunch!
Laurel/oneteappot