Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Partner Pin Cushion/Needlecase Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-partner-pin-cushion-needlecase-swap-t216622.html)

Blue Cat 04-18-2013 06:07 PM

louise,

this is indeed awful and all of us wish to support ans surround you and your mom with love. you are going through a very difficult time in your life. please worry about taking care of yourself and your mom. melissa and i are praying for you. pincushions whenever.

Blue Cat 04-18-2013 06:15 PM

my pincushions are in the mail, one to the deep south and one to the deep southwest. hee hee hee :p

Ashjoy 04-19-2013 12:15 AM

That is a great idea, or ask her dr to speak on your behalf to the hospice folks. Once that decision was made for my grandmother they tapered her off everything rather quickly. She never made it home to need hospice, but it was a long 12 days. Once that decision was made we all took turns staying with her so she wouldn't go alone. Honestly, I think that process was so much harder then my grandfathers sudden unexpected death. My heart just is filled with grief for you Louise. My grandmas birthday would have been this week, her fb page is still there so I see her daily. The minister suggested we keep it and add memories about her, it is a lovely idea.

Originally Posted by sikesjj (Post 6011542)
QL, can you talk with another hospice company? Every state is different, in Oklahoma if they could not form a complete sentence then they were eligible for hospice, this is how they took care of my Papaw three or four days a week at the nursing home, they took care of him for about two years. I would get your doctors to call the other doctor or nurse administrator. My mom did all this so I don't know the process but as a nurse I know my doctor would make those phone calls, I would, or type up letters. I hope that helps and it okay to vent, you just want the best care for you momma. I will keep you in my prayers!

sikesjj 04-19-2013 04:09 AM

Ashjoy, did you ever find your ring?

Ashjoy 04-19-2013 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by sikesjj (Post 6012148)
Ashjoy, did you ever find your ring?

No, never found it. My husband bought me a new one the day we came home from vacation. But I'm still holding out hope that it may turn up.

Quilty-Louise 04-19-2013 04:53 AM

Thank you everyone (again) for your emotional and cyber support.

Mom was turned down for hospice because it is at a facility where
she would be staying, and not at home hospice so that is the difference
and the reason she was declined.

We are moving forward with the Palliative care though and just trying
to find a skilled nursing facility that has room for her.

While sitting around in the hospital I was getting pretty bored so I decided
to try my hand making yo-yos and am rather enjoying it. Even my old daughter
is having fun making them we had to stop at Hobby Lobby to get her a yo-yo
maker of her own to take home and make some.

sikesjj 04-19-2013 06:01 AM

Oh okay! I will keep yall in my prayers and I hope these verses below help you, they are ones I read often. Glad you found something to help keep you busy!

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.
– James 1:2-3 (NIV)Psalm 23:4
Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. (NIV

queenof2802 04-19-2013 09:28 AM

Louise, so sorry to hear this about your mom. I dealt with Alz with my granddad. He was in a regular nursing home for several years and when he started refusing meds and food we had him reevaluated at the hospital. Those drs determined he need to be in an Alz unit. Luckily, there was a bed available and we were able to move him. He did have hopsice there as well. They were AMAZING! Wish that we found them sooner. If you need anything, let me know.

On another note, I woke up on Wed. with a rash on my hands, stomache, and bottom. Thought that it was an alergic reaction to something. Well, is's not. I have a case of shingles. I did come back to work today, but I am miserable! Can't wait to get home!

On Monday, I will be posting May's swap!

QuilterMomma 04-19-2013 10:14 AM

Oh ouch to the max!!!!!!! Shingles are no fun. Lots of cool oatmeal baths for you?

So I wonder if my cushion is there yet? I would guess not, only a day and she does not live that close to me. I think this little guy went........

Ashjoy 04-19-2013 10:16 AM

Oh no Tracey, I've heard they are painful. Be careful driving if your taking medicine. Hopefully you have off the weekend so you can recoup.

My mail person gets here anytime now. I'm trying to distract myself by cleaning the pantry a little at a time.

If I can get my 2 other swaps out this week I'll join next month, but I want to be able to fully commit and not have a time crunch like this month. I also forgot to take a pic before I sent it. Ill try to be more together next time.