Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-2012-sign-ups-closed-help-me-10-27-2012-a-t200887.html)

dreamer2009 10-21-2012 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 (Post 5601976)
Well, miss kitty has discovered she likes quilts! Here she is snoozing on one of my sampler pieces I did on the longarm. Took her out to the studio & she had fun playing with the scraps that I dropped or anything she could find. I wouldn't mind naming her Quilty, but I don't think DH would go for that one! Any suggestions???

she lools like a little tomboy girl.
would call her Charleeeeeee

cherrio 10-21-2012 06:18 PM

ok, this is making me nervous! Ya'll are talking about mailing several boxes. I understood that one "requirement" for this this swap is-4 fat quarters. and to spend no more than 20 bucks. we can shop our stash and make whatever else we like to send. first timer here so am I on the right path here? I don't want to disappoint anyone!

Judith1005 10-21-2012 06:31 PM

Sounds like you got it just right. Some people have a very large stash with lots of extras already put back. I can honestly say, I may be going a bit over $20. Inflation...and not a very large varied stash. And, I am getting a bit creative on the homemade items. But, unfortunately, it won't be tremendously over. I have a very limited budget at the moment. But, I don't think my Secret Giftee will be disappointed.

Originally Posted by cherrio (Post 5602635)
ok, this is making me nervous! Ya'll are talking about mailing several boxes. I understood that one "requirement" for this this swap is-4 fat quarters. and to spend no more than 20 bucks. we can shop our stash and make whatever else we like to send. first timer here so am I on the right path here? I don't want to disappoint anyone!

Judith1005 10-21-2012 06:33 PM

Last year, I was right at the $20 dollar mark. It was fun. A first time for me also. I also was very nervous. I think if you just keep it quilt related you'll be good. Unless of course, your Secret giftee gave you other suggestions.

Tothill 10-21-2012 07:17 PM

I have shopped my stash, bought the fat quarters and a few small gifts. I made a few items as well with things I had on hand.

I think my recipient will be happy with what I am sending, even though I have had to watch my spending.

I showed the unwrapped items to my mil tonight and she is jealous (she does not sew, but is a painter).

Judith1005 10-21-2012 07:23 PM

Sounds awesome. I'm sure your secret gifted will be so suprised.i don't know about y'all, but, it makes me feel like a kid wondering if thry'll like it or not. And,I so totally know I'm way over thinking it. Lol

dreamer2009 10-21-2012 08:32 PM

:p overthinking is easy to do; specially if you don't know the person.
I keep going back to it's just supposed to be fun.

mcdaniel023 10-22-2012 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009 (Post 5602845)
:p overthinking is easy to do; specially if you don't know the person.
I keep going back to it's just supposed to be fun.

Dreamer is right. Just have fun. I am sure I will like whatever you all send me. :)

cherrio 10-22-2012 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023 (Post 5602996)
Dreamer is right. Just have fun. I am sure I will like whatever you all send me. :)

well, thank you to all who responded! I feel better. I am sewing a few things and am chanting c'mon, don't screw this up" lol. Now I can relax and enjoy the making and sewing and planning

Cindy60545 10-22-2012 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by cherrio (Post 5603282)
well, thank you to all who responded! I feel better. I am sewing a few things and am chanting c'mon, don't screw this up" lol. Now I can relax and enjoy the making and sewing and planning

Just relax, enjoy what you are making & let your creative side take over! I'm having way too much fun sewing little things to go in the box! I keep thinking of more to put in there!