Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-2012-sign-ups-closed-help-me-10-27-2012-a-t200887.html)

Judith1005 10-26-2012 05:45 PM

I don't know how to crochet either. I am just a beginner Knitter. I really do enjoy it. And, there is some great knit patterns out there. My mom knits beautifully!

dreamer2009 10-26-2012 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Judith1005 (Post 5614970)
I don't know how to crochet either. I am just a beginner Knitter. I really do enjoy it. And, there is some great knit patterns out there. My mom knits beautifully!

my mom was fantastic at both but she passed away long ago when I was younger.
my last knit project was a few years back. I took 5-6 beautiful yarns and blended
them to make knitting that many at one time on the needle. they turned out beautiful.
fringe on both ends showed the actual yarns used ti make them. most were different.
had fun and it was over.

Judith1005 10-26-2012 06:11 PM

It sounds beautiful Dreamer. I'm so sorry about your mom. But, she lives on in your heart and memories. And, now she watches over you.

IrelandDragonQuilting 10-26-2012 06:34 PM

I am so excited, I pick up a few things today for my giftee. I have tried to obtain everything on her wish list, in a way..... Some of the items she asked for I cannot do, but I am sending her a few things that might help her do it for herself. I am so excited!
Now for whoever my SS might be, I am so excited, but I do hope whoever you may be that you do not mind if I don't open my presents up on the day set. I want to save them for Christmas. I want to have something under the tree this year for me!

pattypurple 10-27-2012 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009 (Post 5614785)
Judith
L*O*V*E the new avatar and
C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S...

sorry I have been MIA
got word that a local hospital is in need
of PURPLE newborn knit or crochet baby hats.
they plan on sending all the babies howe in
the purple hats which SIGNIFY...
Shaken Baby Syndrome.
thay are bring awareness to the problem.

When do they need the hats. I would love to make some and send them to you. You can PM me if you don't want to disclose the location of your lair. Let me know what size and if there is a special pattern they are using.

Teacup 10-27-2012 03:54 AM

Terri, hope things are battened down there for you in VA and PA. I know both will be affected by Hurricaine Sandy! Hang on.

islandwiz1 10-27-2012 10:56 AM

Received my Ho Ho Ho Secret Santa package today. Thank you very much! I hope your safe from the hurricane Sandy which is now coming my way. When my DH passed everyone said just call if you need help. Well I put all my lawn furniture etc away by myself, boy do I miss my hubby!

reeskylr 10-27-2012 11:31 AM

Oo...santa packages arriving. I can't wait.

grann of 6 10-27-2012 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by islandwiz1 (Post 5616396)
Received my Ho Ho Ho Secret Santa package today. Thank you very much! I hope your safe from the hurricane Sandy which is now coming my way. When my DH passed everyone said just call if you need help. Well I put all my lawn furniture etc away by myself, boy do I miss my hubby!

I lost my DH 15 years ago. I know how that "call me if you need anything" works....NOT! Then my kids wonder why I don't ask them for help any more. I do most everything myself. I do have a lawn boy (age 79) that does my lawn mowing, but most everything else is done by ME.

Anastasia 10-27-2012 01:39 PM

I just have to finish my last thing for my santee and I'm dreading it. Oh why oh why did I choose this design.. torture for myself I guess. Geez. Gotta get 'er done tho. Might run out of thread. Who's idea was it to put 165 yards of thread on a spool? worthless.

I'm mostly hung up on the technical aspects of some things... what will be the best way to achieve the look and the thing I need to do.. hmm.. argh.. I think I need another spool at least. It'll only take a day to finish.. maybe only like.. a couple hours. I just gotta get started.