Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-2012-sign-ups-closed-help-me-10-27-2012-a-t200887.html)

Yosamitesa 10-04-2012 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009 (Post 5561909)
omgosh~~~that that sounds fantastic !!
I think we should head over to Sharoooooooooooooooooooon's house
and______________then we can go into the _____________room and
____________while we fill our_______________with some_______________.

OH!!! I forgot about Sharoooooooooooooooooooon's house!!! We could totally (whisper whisper whisper) then we could (whisper whisper whisper) and raid her (whisper whisper whisper)...I think I need to pick up chocolate for this...we may get hungry along the way. :D

Yosamitesa 10-04-2012 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Leota (Post 5561913)
if you have a safe place (away from furbabies and other hazards) to lay it out for a few days, it will "de-crease" . You can also, very gently steam the creases out of it with your steam iron... DO NOT touch the iron to the batting.... especially if it's polyester ... it and the iron will fight and the iron will win....

Yep...iron and polyester batting fighting...not a great thing. I think I'll bet on the iron winning. :D What about dampening and then laying on the dryer while the dryer is running drying clothes? Helps mine. :)

dreamer2009 10-04-2012 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Yosamitesa (Post 5561925)
OH!!! I forgot about Sharoooooooooooooooooooon's house!!! We could totally (whisper whisper whisper) then we could (whisper whisper whisper) and raid her (whisper whisper whisper)...I think I need to pick up chocolate for this...we may get hungry along the way. :D

good idea about the chocolate !!
we need the energy to _______________
while we____________before we_____________.

Yosamitesa 10-04-2012 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009 (Post 5561932)
good idea about the chocolate !!
we need the energy to _______________
while we____________before we_____________.

Maybe...if we time it right there will be milk and cookies for us to partake in while we (whisper whisper whisper) and then when we go to (whisper whisper whisper) we will be wired to (whisper whisper whisper) and hunt through (whisper whisper whisper) while we (whisper whisper whisper)...

dreamer2009 10-04-2012 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Yosamitesa (Post 5561934)
Maybe...if we time it right there will be milk and cookies for us to partake in while we (whisper whisper whisper) and then when we go to (whisper whisper whisper) we will be wired to (whisper whisper whisper) and hunt through (whisper whisper whisper) while we (whisper whisper whisper)...

won't have to worry much because Sharoooooooooooooooooooooooon
is out fabic shopping !!

jyllybean 10-04-2012 12:01 PM

I guess I'm one who didn't give a lot of information. The problem is that I like everything.

A little bit about me - I have two kids, the oldest just went off to college and the youngest is a sophomore in HS. I live in the middle of North Dakota, two hours away from the nearest "big" town. (Can't really call it a city in ND.)

I'm into bright fun colors for my projects right now, and just found that I really like paper piecing. On my (someday) shopping list, I have Amy Butler's weekender bag pattern and the 2012 Stitch Gifts magazine. I've seen it advertised, but haven't found it in a shop yet. I could always use more pins and a pin cushion!

I'm positive I'll love whatever my SS sends me, it's just so much fun to get a special package in the mail.

Anastasia 10-04-2012 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Leota (Post 5561913)
if you have a safe place (away from furbabies and other hazards) to lay it out for a few days, it will "de-crease" . You can also, very gently steam the creases out of it with your steam iron... DO NOT touch the iron to the batting.... especially if it's polyester ... it and the iron will fight and the iron will win....

Ok cool. This won't be long term storage so hopefully it will be easy enough to get them back out, and it is a cotton batting, though I still probably wouldn't iron it directly. Thanks

Tink's Mom 10-04-2012 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009 (Post 5561909)
omgosh~~~that that sounds fantastic !!
I think we should head over to Sharoooooooooooooooooooon's house
and______________then we can go into the _____________room and
____________while we fill our_______________with some_______________.

LOL...Beware if Sharon gives you a box with air holes...it is the neighbor's always barking dog.
Sharon, you can't put that dog into your Secret Santa box...besides...it might eat the chocolate and you know that isn't good for a dog.

dreamer2009 10-04-2012 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom (Post 5562254)
LOL...Beware if Sharon gives you a box with air holes...it is the neighbor's always barking dog.
Sharon, you can't put that dog into your Secret Santa box...besides...it might eat the chocolate and you know that isn't good for a dog.

SHARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
no dogs in the box !!

grann of 6 10-04-2012 02:08 PM

Hey! You guys!!! You can come harass me any time you want!!! I may even help you out!!!! BUT!!!!! No chocolate here!!!! Lots of coconut and peanut butter!!!! AND SNICKERDOODLES!!!!