Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up July 2013 47th Doll Quilt Swap - Self Portrait and/or Where I Live (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-july-2013-47th-doll-quilt-swap-self-portrait-where-i-live-t223865.html)

createfourpaws 08-02-2013 10:38 AM

QuiltingKrazy....I finally have your top almost finished, just need to finish the binding, will be in the mail on Monday. I hate being late. Now time to plan and start on August and help mom out.

luvstoquilt 08-03-2013 11:02 AM

My partner should have her quilt by now...confirmed delivery was 8/1. Still waiting for hers to get here. I have August's well on the way and I am really liking it!

BuzzinBumble 08-03-2013 11:57 AM

Jewels in My Garden

6 Attachment(s)
Lots of lovely and creative quilts this month - everyone really rose to the challenge and should be so proud of what they created!

Cogito really pulled out all the stops on the gorgeous quilt she made for me! When I opened the box and unfolded her creation I was way beyond delighted and far into thrilled to pieces! Wowee What a Work of Art! You can see Mary's wonderful creative talents and great quilting skills in every detail. She named her quilt "Jewels in My Garden" and that is perfect.

I took the quilt outside to the garden to photograph it and the first thing that happened is that a dragonfly landed on it for a second before darting away. You fooled Mother Nature Mary - LOL.

Mary my favorites parts are the little button flowers and hexies - which are sewn so perfectly. Then I love, love, love that little redbird with the worm! The prairie points lining the garden path.... and the waterfall with the beading... the way you sewed the sun with even more prairie points - it is all so awesome! This is a quilt that will add cheer to many a day!

Thank you Mary also for the darling bee pincushion which you know I adore! This is going to take pride of place right by my sewing machine. And I will definitely use the hexie pattern you sent. I've been wanting to give them a try for a while now.

This is a quilt to treasure and even more - It represents the beginning of the wonderful friendship we have made!

sewbeadit 08-03-2013 12:45 PM

Wonderful quilt Buslady made of Mi. Love the idea and all the goodies on it! Very nice.

sewbeadit 08-03-2013 12:46 PM

Awesome quilt Cogito! I know BuzzinBumble is loving this!

Chasezzz 08-03-2013 01:08 PM

That is a fabulous DQ Cogito! Love all the detail! BuzzinBumble, you are one lucky lady to have it!

QuiltingKrazy 08-03-2013 03:04 PM

Createfourpaws, anytime next week is fine with me no hurry at all.

Lynnie25 08-03-2013 04:04 PM

Wow, wow, what a delightful hexie quilt BuzzinBumble. Cogito, you do such beautiful work, love the little birdie and every time I take another look at the quilt I see something new. Love it :)

Lynnie25 08-03-2013 04:04 PM

Hmmmm nice table runner pattern too, good be a good one for Brat's tablerunner swap LOL LOL

Cogito 08-03-2013 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Lynnie25 (Post 6213595)
Wow, wow, what a delightful hexie quilt BuzzinBumble. Cogito, you do such beautiful work, love the little birdie and every time I take another look at the quilt I see something new. Love it :)

Thank you Lyn. :o