Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up July 2013 47th Doll Quilt Swap - Self Portrait and/or Where I Live (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-july-2013-47th-doll-quilt-swap-self-portrait-where-i-live-t223865.html)

cuppy 06-25-2013 03:43 AM

Count me in for July, Sew Fun.

Krystyna 06-25-2013 03:52 AM

I just hope that we don't lose too many because of the intimidation factor :thumbdown: If you're not comfy with the arty aspect do a block that represents you. :thumbup:

Cogito 06-25-2013 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble (Post 6140673)
Cogito, I bet there is someone else in the swap of like mind who would love to have you for a partner. The themes are always optional. You might be a sigh of relief for another swapper who feels just like you do.

Lara, I bet you are correct. Guess I just got a little whiny yesterday! all better now.:) Thank you for your encouragement.

Cogito 06-25-2013 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by Lynnie25 (Post 6141209)
Cogito, don't get discouraged because of the theme this month, stay in and wait and see who your partner is. I always make a start on a little quilt but if I get a partner who wants something different I do another one to suit.

I challenge myself each month to try out new patterns or techniques on my little dolls quilts as I don't participate in classes at the local LQS so this is my way to learn (or a lot of time mess up) something new. You might be surprised to know that I am a very traditional quilter too, most of my quilts are very geometrically designed. But I push myself continually to 'take a big step outside the box' - no wonder my head hurts a lot :)

Lynnie, thank you for reminding me of why I started this swap. It forces me to stretch outside my comfort zone. I think my head must have been hurting yesterday....lol! This is why I love this group.....such encouragement! I can't step too far outside my box yet...baby steps, baby steps. ;)

Cogito 06-25-2013 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 6141611)

Cogito, no quitting! Will pair you with a traditionalist. Like KLGLS?

Haha! I didn't remember a clause in the contract saying I couldn't quit! :shock::D:D
What the heck is KLGLS?
I guess....(feet dragging).....I will give it a whirl. lol.

Chasezzz 06-25-2013 04:14 AM

Cognito, I am of like mind! I will send Krystyna a pm and perhaps she will note the similarities!

Cogito 06-25-2013 04:18 AM

Haha, I love that many think my moniker is COGNITO. Which I suppose I could be, hahaha! But truly it is COGITO...my fulll being: cogito ergo sum! I think, therefore I am! ;)

Krystyna 06-25-2013 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by Cogito (Post 6142191)
Haha! I didn't remember a clause in the contract saying I couldn't quit! :shock::D:D
What the heck is KLGLS?
I guess....(feet dragging).....I will give it a whirl. lol.

KLGLS is a new member! But, as always, I will do my best to match partners ...

Krystyna 06-25-2013 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by Cogito (Post 6142209)
Haha, I love that many think my moniker is COGNITO. Which I suppose I could be, hahaha! But truly it is COGITO...my fulll being: cogito ergo sum! I think, therefore I am! ;)

Cognito sounds like a Superhero -- like Magneto -- but with super thinking/being powers!!!
Darn! That would make one swell self-portrait ... hint hint hint :p

Krystyna 06-25-2013 05:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh boy! I found COGNITO!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]421029[/ATTACH]