Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up for the June 2013 Quilting Board 46th Doll Quilt Swap! Red White and Blue (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-june-2013-quilting-board-46th-doll-quilt-swap-red-white-blue-t222124.html)

Jean D 07-05-2013 06:31 PM

What a thoughtful DQ from Debbyg. They are all little gems. Such unique styles and creative people here. I look forward to looking every night and seeing what came in each day!

jaba 07-06-2013 05:01 PM

wall hanging for June

1 Attachment(s)
1 of my partners hasn't posted what I sent her but delivery confirmation says it was delivered. I'd love all of you to see it so this is what I sent to argentium for the red, white and blue. I hope she liked it, I haven't received mine yet but hopefully she will mail soon.[ATTACH=CONFIG]422777[/ATTACH]

Krystyna 07-06-2013 05:05 PM

Jaba, that is outstanding. I love the liberty bell center. I'm so sorry you haven't heard from your partner. I sent her a PM and see that she is logging onto the board so chalk another one up to incredible rudeness.

BertieD 07-06-2013 05:16 PM

Bilben, I'm really impressed with your little quilt from debbyg. She does do nice work, doesn't she? Very nice!

Cogito 07-06-2013 06:54 PM

Jaba, your quilt is wonderful!:) Thanks for sharing. I had Argentium as a partner in May...she is very busy with school, etc. and was a little late but sent an exquisite quilt to me so I have no doubt you will receive the same.

Krystyna 07-06-2013 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Cogito (Post 6163496)
Jaba, your quilt is wonderful!:) Thanks for sharing. I had Argentium as a partner in May...she is very busy with school, etc. and was a little late but sent an exquisite quilt to me so I have no doubt you will receive the same.

Perhaps, but deadlines are deadlines. When we don't think we can fulfill our obligations, sometimes it's best not to sign up.

createfourpaws 07-06-2013 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 6163502)
Perhaps, but deadlines are deadlines. When we don't think we can fulfill our obligations, sometimes it's best not to sign up.

The Hostess gives you your deadline before you sign up. I totally agree that if you know your schedule is going to be busier than normal don't sign up. And if something unexpected happens, notify the hostess and your partner letting them know what is going on.

I will be making a trip to the quilt store tomorrow for the background fabric for this months quilt. What I have is just a little too dark for what I need. And the one I have that is light enough is not big enough. UGH.

mooretll 07-07-2013 01:18 AM

Ok I am one who sent out late so shoot me. I have been doing this swaqp for 18 months and this is the first time I have ever been late. yes life does get in the way sometimes and my granddaughter is why I was late she will be having surgery Tuesday and in Aug we will find out if it was a success when she lets us know she can hear us for the first time. with that said I will sign off and most likely not do the swap anymore!

Chasezzz 07-07-2013 02:44 AM

Jaba...sweet quilt! The bell and the loyalty, duty, honor fabric are great together.

Mooretil, I think everyone understands that occasionally--and once in 18 months is occasionally--life intervenes and certainly family comes first. I think that communication is the key when this happens. A PM to the swap partner letting her know you are unexpectedly overwhelmed and the DQ will be a bit late is the key. Making sure to acknowledge the DQ you receive when you get it is also key. If you communicate with your partner you will get a lot of support from the people on this exchange. I'll be praying for a wonderful outcome for your granddaughter.

berryberry 07-07-2013 04:13 AM

I received my lovely quilt from dabber312 yesterday. It's a beauty. I'll have pictures posted before the day is out. (Battery charging) I really admire the binding. I have a time doing bindings. In fact I have several unfinished projects that just need bindings but I dislike binding so much they remain unfinished. Dabber312's binding ability is perfect. The binding is even, stitches aren't showing and it's straight. Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I've just been looking at the quilt and admiring her skills.