Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up for the June 2013 Quilting Board 46th Doll Quilt Swap! Red White and Blue (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-june-2013-quilting-board-46th-doll-quilt-swap-red-white-blue-t222124.html)

BertieD 07-04-2013 04:18 AM

Berryberry, your new fabric is really pretty. Will make gorgeous double pinwheels!

Krystyna 07-04-2013 12:06 PM

Who's missing quilts from June?

Krystyna 07-04-2013 07:41 PM

I've now heard from two people who have not received quilts from the June swap.

Seriously, if you know you are going to be busy during a particular month -- don't sign up!

Deadlines are not a suggestion. They are deadlines!

This is the primary reason I decided to resign as hostess.

To all of you who send beautiful quilts that stay with the theme and are on time, thank you.
You are the ones who have made this swap a joy.

To the others --- really????
Is this how you would like to be treated?
This is not OK.

Done with my rant.
Be good to BuzzinBumble. Please.

Cogito 07-04-2013 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 6160109)
I've now heard from two people who have not received quilts from the June swap.

Seriously, if you know you are going to be busy during a particular month -- don't sign up!

Deadlines are not a suggestion. They are deadlines!

This is the primary reason I decided to resign as hostess.

To all of you who send beautiful quilts that stay with the theme and are on time, thank you.
You are the ones who have made this swap a joy.

To the others --- really????
Is this how you would like to be treated?
This is not OK.

Done with my rant.
Be good to BuzzinBumble. Please.

Maybe those who have not sent a quilt should be listed for all to see. I see no reason to afford them anonymity when they have so blatantly ignored the rules and basic common courtesy.....

Vanogay 07-05-2013 04:16 AM

Could be, just maybe a real good reason. One participant (can't remember who) posted pictures of her package that was late - her partner had been in an accident and missed the deadlines (understandable). Just playing devil's advocate here - I agree with K that deadlines are to be kept and for me, that's always been a thorn in my side. I'm waiting for a package on another swap here - it's way late. Oh, well...

Cogito 07-05-2013 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Vanogay (Post 6160446)
Could be, just maybe a real good reason. One participant (can't remember who) posted pictures of her package that was late - her partner had been in an accident and missed the deadlines (understandable). Just playing devil's advocate here - I agree with K that deadlines are to be kept and for me, that's always been a thorn in my side. I'm waiting for a package on another swap here - it's way late. Oh, well...

I agree Vanogay, life does happen and we certainly want to be compassionate and caring in those situations. the ones I'm talking about are the ones who don't respond to PM's but are seen on the board posting daily in other threads. :thumbdown:

Bilben 07-05-2013 12:28 PM

My Red, White and Blue quilt from debbyg

5 Attachment(s)
Look what I received from debbyg! She really put a lot of thought into this awesome quilt. Notice the maple leaves - very nice touch, "America" on the top, "Canada" on the bottom, part of Canada's anthem "Our home and native land" on the left, and part of America's anthem "God shed his grace on thee" on the right. Some bling on the pin cushion and scissors, and she even quilted the label! Thank you so much Debby, I love it!!

Krystyna 07-05-2013 01:52 PM

WOW! I'm speechless! That is an amazingly fabulous quilt! Wow and also WOWWWW!!!

jaba 07-05-2013 02:24 PM

It's awesome! Pretty much says it all in one sweet little package.

BuzzinBumble 07-05-2013 03:45 PM

Wow Debby! You made a completely amazing quilt for Bilben! How wonderful that you combine Canada and the US in their anthems written on the side. It is very moving AND you did a really good job at it!