Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up May 2013 Doll Quilt Swap - Theme Quilty Chaos - Crazy Quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-may-2013-doll-quilt-swap-theme-quilty-chaos-crazy-quilts-t219288.html)

Krystyna 05-04-2013 08:41 AM

Good score for you, Psychomom!!!

We just got back from a sale that said "vintage fabric" ... nothing so hot, but filled a couple of bags with large men's suiting samples in 100% virgin wool -- no moth holes or stink. I'm happy!

luvstoquilt 05-04-2013 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 6038298)
Jean D - you didn't have to stalk around further than this thread! :D You said you were working with 30s fabrics and she said she loved them! A win-win match up!

I love '30's fabrics..have a very handsome stash, too! Darlene Zimmerman has a new '30's line and I LOVE it...hope the QS nearest me doesn't carry it or I will be asking for a loan!

Lisalisa I have finished your quilt...you will have to be understanding as it is my very first "Crazy Quilt".

Robin...prayers are with you...

Jean D 05-04-2013 05:56 PM

Bertie, promise me when you get this computer/board stuff inured out you'll come and visit me and teach it all to me! I think we could be great friends.

BertieD 05-05-2013 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by Jean D (Post 6044776)
Bertie, promise me when you get this computer/board stuff inured out you'll come and visit me and teach it all to me! I think we could be great friends.

I would love to, Jean D, but please don't hold your breath. I don't want you to turn ice cold and blue!

Wow, Luvstoquilt, you're fast! Remember to post a picture.

Krystyna, bet your're glad to have the Dentist outta your mouth! Hope everything is healing quickly for you.
Robin, hang in there and get well soon.

gaiatender 05-05-2013 01:13 PM

Hi...finally got on board. Tried to read all pages, kept getting interrupted! Started my crazy quilt...my approach is sections, then joining. The first square I did three times, definitely need practice but I like it. Got some better ideas just reading your posts. My first crazy quilt.

Jean D 05-05-2013 01:43 PM

Went and picked out a few new colors of paint to try and match 30's fabrics, not to easy to do.
Robin, YOU are in our prayers here in Iowa. Blessings to you.

Lynnie25 05-05-2013 06:18 PM

Got my quilty chaos/crazy quilt finished over the weekend, just need to do a label. Was so much fun to do :)

Crazy Quiltin Robin 05-05-2013 09:27 PM

Thanks everybody .....Lisa I will be talking with you ....... the rest of you thanks so much for your kind well wishes ....
and prayers ..... I WILL GET BETTER AND BE BACK TO SWAP!!!!!!! love you guys ....... CQRobin

BertieD 05-06-2013 07:27 AM

Mailing off my May mini doll quilt to AlaskaAlice today. Title: "I'm a Little Off But I'm Not Completely Crazy!" I love the crazy quilts but had this started as I thought May's theme would be something else, haha. I will post a picture when AlaskaAlice tells me she's received it.

Krystyna 05-06-2013 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Crazy Quiltin Robin (Post 6047105)
Thanks everybody .....Lisa I will be talking with you ....... the rest of you thanks so much for your kind well wishes ....
and prayers ..... I WILL GET BETTER AND BE BACK TO SWAP!!!!!!! love you guys ....... CQRobin

Yes you will!!!! We love you Robin!