Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up May 2013 Doll Quilt Swap - Theme Quilty Chaos - Crazy Quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-may-2013-doll-quilt-swap-theme-quilty-chaos-crazy-quilts-t219288.html)

Krystyna 05-06-2013 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by BertieD (Post 6047829)
Mailing off my May mini doll quilt to AlaskaAlice today. Title: "I'm a Little Off But I'm Not Completely Crazy!" I love the crazy quilts but had this started as I thought May's theme would be something else, haha. I will post a picture when AlaskaAlice tells me she's received it.

Bertie, I love how you've caught the spirit of this month's theme! Can't wait to see it. Maybe a teeeny weeeeny sneak peek?

BertieD 05-06-2013 07:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]412021[/ATTACH]​ I'm a

BertieD 05-06-2013 07:55 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]412021[/ATTACH] I'm a

BertieD 05-06-2013 07:58 AM

I'm a Little Off But I'm Not Completely Crazy! That's the name of Alaska Alice's May quilt and I did put a sneak peak above, LOL!

BertieD 05-06-2013 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by lisalisa (Post 6037212)
I like mini. People look at me funny when I say doll quilt.lol

When I first started the DQ swap I thought it would be easy, and it was, but the idea that other quilters would judge me, really got me flustered and I found myself taking all month to get it just right (even though I never really did). I think some of the new folks probably experienced the same. That probably accounts for the drop. MY DN signed up and is finding it to be a bit of a struggle. She probably won't be re-joining any time soon.

lisalisa, I don't think we ever get too old to love/play/sew for dolls! Let'em look!

Krystyna 05-06-2013 08:06 AM

Bertie, love the little sneak peek. I can't wait until Alice gets it so we can see the whole thing!
Off to the laundry room I go ... need to wash all the muslin I got at an estate sale this weekend.

buslady 05-06-2013 09:12 AM

Had a beautiful weekend, DD and 3 DGS came over Saturday. Got a lot done on my DQ for my partner. It could be finished, but it won't be til I mail, I am sure. Went to Lexington with DH after the kids left, he fished and I embelished my DQ. Spent Sunday alone, well not alone, dog cat and several neighbors out and about. I just love the new place!! Made new covers for my chairs, cleaned out my closet (yes, after only 6 months), put away the cords and sweats, got out the short, tanks and capri's. My favorite time of year. LOL I felt so accomplished....and sore. DD called and we took out mac salad to their house and had grilled fish, caught fresh that morning, and got in the hot tub. Back felt better!!! Why am I rambling? Hope all of yu had great weekends, as well!!

Krystyna 05-06-2013 09:53 AM

Onalee, that sounds like the perfect weekend. Except that YOU didn't go fishing. Idyllic!

Jean D 05-06-2013 10:22 AM

Yes Bertie-I make little button dolls, some are rabbits, some are very "original" and shabby, I go to junk stores and buy old rag dolls and fill a shelf by my sewing machine with them, I look at them often, I just love them, not sure why. Lately I've been finding little doll clothes at the stores so I get those and make little wire hangers and hang them up too! Funny what we like.

Jean D 05-06-2013 12:15 PM

Oh dear, my point that I was making-and didn't- we never get to old for dolls-is that all the sneak peak we get? Seriously? Oh come on!!!